Lt. Commander
# 1 What to do what to do (kdf)
04-10-2012, 07:38 AM
What is cryptic going to do with the kdf faction?
If the population stays at 20 percent will they continue to get the 20 percent of content?
If there is no interest in pvp by anyone (according to pwe) what is the plan?
Is there an actual plan? Is there a plan to make a plan?
Will they stop development on it or develop it like they have been? Because that doesn't make much sence.
Why should I play my kdf?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-10-2012, 07:45 AM
well there isalready new content for KDF.. also just read STO wiki for future content...
also .. ive made now 3 KDF character without a problem and only 1 FED char... the only thing i would like to see is more clothing on kdf side.. especially skirts XD
if u ask why you would play KDf u can also ask why would u play the game...

Cryptic is all day long developing new things and fixing existing bugs...be patient and enjoy the game as it is now.. kthnx
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-10-2012, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
What is cryptic going to do with the kdf faction?
If the population stays at 20 percent will they continue to get the 20 percent of content?
If there is no interest in pvp by anyone (according to pwe) what is the plan?
Is there an actual plan? Is there a plan to make a plan?
Will they stop development on it or develop it like they have been? Because that doesn't make much sence.
Why should I play my kdf?
- There IS a plan to make a plan. They're having meetings about having meetings right now. As I type this.

- You should play your KDF for the same reason everyone should play their feddies ... to farm Dilithium.

Lt. Commander
# 4
04-10-2012, 07:48 AM
I am not pushing them for more content or anything like that. I am just wondering if there is a plan. I get this feeling that if there isn't a plan, they will either ignore it, do little work on it, or scrap it.
So there would be no point on playing a kdf.
All I want to know is if there is a plan
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-10-2012, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r9xchaos
the only thing i would like to see is more clothing on kdf side.. especially skirts XD
Currently they don't have the resources to make that. They are, however, in talks to re-evaluate their resource management structure and sometime way way WAY after season 7 they may revisit the idea of possibly thinking about adding in more KDF uniform customization. Time and staff permitting of course.

Quote:
Cryptic is all day long developing new things and fixing existing bugs...be patient and enjoy the game as it is now.. kthnx
Fixing existing bugs? Really? That's what you're going with? That's bold.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-10-2012, 08:00 AM
all you know is to know about the plan?

of course they wil not tell anyoen what teh 100% plan... because it would ruin the whole thing..like the trailers of a movie.. for me they ruin the whole movie..

i like to just buy a movie and jump in...

but to make u happy...

here is what is "maybe" coming out this year:

click me
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-10-2012, 08:10 AM
Yeah, that isn't a plan. That is a wiki.
Remember what stephen Colbert did to the wiki article of the whale (maybe) ?
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-10-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r9xchaos

but to make u happy...

here is what is "maybe" coming out this year:

click me
Yeah and I guarantee 95% of what is in that "maybe" list will never see the light of day given Cryptic's track record over the last 2 years.

Sorry but Cryptic's poor handling of this game and the Star Trek IP has me a bit jaded toward them.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Pfft... you dont even respect their work.. justread interviews and stuff.. when people vited cryptic studios they have seen that teh devs are workign on ALOT stuff.. becaus ethey are trek fans ...that means they have alot of things that they wantto add. ... alot of things that are already designed but maybe need persmission toadd it from CBS ... thimgs that are developed a,ready but maybe conflict with teh actual system.. so tehy need to prepare it... also peopel crying for MORE CONTENT .. they cry for KDF gettign finished.... they cry for romulans .. they cry for ( whatever ) more PvP ...

but noone even asks if cryptic can keep the love to the game with all that pressure you give em...

i only want cryptic to give me stable servers in the first way.. i pay for the game when i can ( i buy cpoints with $ whenever i have a walk to a gasstation )

since i pay i want to be able tplay with nto so much server crashes..

the more content and wishes for upcoming content is a wish.. but im not like GO NOW DEVELOP NEW CONTENT ... or TELL ME WHAT THE PLAN IS...

they will make the game bigger.. just lean back and enjoy what THEY HAVE MADE already...

you , all the peopel who cry in forums about cryptic doesent adds stuff are USERS.. you seem to not know what work is behing the scenes..

i am a 3d modeler .. and i know how it is to sit for months only for 1 rifle model...

now imagien you would need to do teh scripts , 3d models , music , management , .. and also dealing with CBS is a hell ....
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-10-2012, 08:47 AM
They have a basic plan for the next 6 months or so. Fleet stuff, star bases, pvp, cstore junk, no fe's, doff stuff.
Is the kdf going to get equal stuff when it comes to that? It will it get less?
This information should be known.