Lt. Commander
# 21
05-31-2012, 07:13 PM
yes, yes i was. the gun themselves are cool, i was just given the impression that they would be prostheses like they name suggests, but sadly no, no such luck. That would be like taking Vulcan nerve pinch and just making it a Vulcan's hand on a stick as a melee weapon. It makes more sense to make it something that goes over your arm (especially with assimilated Characters) than to believe the feds, or even the KDF for that matter would just cut off a borg arm and put handles on it.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-01-2012, 01:56 PM
I actually think the borg bridge and possibly interior should be available for ships who have the borg equipment set equiped. It would make sense that both the interior and exterior has been affected by the borg transformation.

as for the rest im not sure. While essentially it adds more content and could be perceived as being 'fun' the Borg are pretty much the untouchable race in regards to them being overpowered and whatnot. I doubt CBS would be too happy with STO having loads of borgs flying around for federation/KDF so...

I think liberated borg characters was about as far as it could go without completely ruining canon and becoming a joke. Not that things like that havn't been done in previous MMO's... It's only a matter of time before developers sell out and turn their games into a cash cow joke. That being said im more confident in STO NOT doing that due to CBS.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-02-2012, 10:51 AM
i would love a playable borg faction
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viewtifulblue View Post
With all the packs going around how about a Borg pack
- Borgified Bridge
- Borg Doffs
- Borg Arm Weapon
- Some Borg costume (perhaps a partially assimilated uniform)
- a Borg transport (shuttle/pet) from Enterprise
this could easily be made into a lock box so please no although it would be cool to have those items but still no.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymo0829 View Post
i would love a playable borg faction
No you really don't. A Borg faction only works in a Starcraft like game since you don't control one borg drone, but multiple borg drones and ships. The only way a Borg faction would exist in this game would be as a liberated borg faction. An idea I had for a Borg faction is to have it in a single player game like Bioshock where you are the only individual. There are three possible endings, become the Borg Queen/King where you could change them from within to be a force of good in the universe or repeal the policy of mandatory assimilation, destroy the Borg from within which can be accomplish by freeing everyone or destroying everyone, or lose your individuality.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudedude12345
this could easily be made into a lock box so please no although it would be cool to have those items but still no.
Even better .We need something cool in the next wave of lockboxes.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-08-2012, 09:44 PM
From the latest Ask Cryptic

Quote:
Q: (Jared1701) Are there still plans to bring crafting, a working shuttle bay, and new mini games to ship interiors and if so when?

Dstahl: These items had shown up in previous Engineering Reports as designs we were discussing and wanting to put in the game, but are not currently being worked on. At this time, we are focused on Starbase interiors. Neverwinter is working on a Foundry addition to build custom interior spaces (room by room). Once this feature is done and ready, we will have the opportunity to import something similar into STO. At that time, we would consider opening up the ability for players to fully customize their own ship interiors room by room and prop by prop. That is a ways off at this point, though.
Wonder if Borg items will be part of that system. Therefore, we can make the interior as borg-like as we want or have a minimalistic style for those that want to keep the ship mostly Starfleet or KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-14-2012, 09:10 AM
[/quote] It's only a matter of time before developers sell out and turn their games into a cash cow joke. That being said im more confident in STO NOT doing that due to CBS.[/quote]

they have already turned into a cash cow with the lockboxes and keys and don't think they haven't.....

asd for playable borg googlwe starfleet command 3 or star trek legacy both had playable borg and both could be run online on big servers
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith_Shadow
In champions online there is a PVP arena where you start of with every one on a team while being swarmed by Zombies. As each member falls, they in turn come back as a Zombie to try and kill you, hence it being PvP. It all takes place in a cabin in the woods, but if you think about it this would be perfect for STO. You change the setting to a ship being assimilated, add it so that when you "assimilate" (kill) a captain you get upgraded from a lower level drone to a higher one like a tac to a heavy tac and so on, but if you die you respawn as a basic drone again. Let the anti assimilation hypos work to bring lost captains back to your team but also give them some kind of objective to do so it's not a Kobayashi Maru situation. Personally i think this would be kind of fun as well as add a new event for people to play as kind of a ground alert.
YES!!!! A million times YESS!!!!!
Ensign
# 30
06-22-2012, 09:43 AM
How about for a borg pack

-borg doffs 2 blue random 1 purple random
-borg ground weapon
-old borg style costume
-borg probe with borg interior and bridge
-3 forward 3 aft weapon slots
-1 com uni 2 ltc uni 1 lt uni
-+5 power all