Lt. Commander
So if any one out there from the actual STO programming department is reading this, I have an idea for you. I was thinking the other day it would be an awesome thing if there was some sort of phone app that would link up to your characters duty officer roster, exchange, and other non combat parts of the game. I was just thinking that it would be a good way to kill some time and be able to keep your characters duty roster going even if you don’t have time to jump on and check it you could still access it from your phone. You could then keep up to date on the ins and outs of everyday affairs of the inner workings of your ship. But anyway that is my two cents…
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-10-2012, 08:59 PM
We have an idea like this floating around 3 months ago and there was some dev support for this app. However it takes time for them to look into it (and actually get people to code for various smartphone OSes.)
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-10-2012, 09:01 PM
The idea has been suggested a few times. How would you move to different sectors to pick up doff missions?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-10-2012, 11:47 PM
I would like this also.

But considering Cryptic cant even fix the Character Profile or Log system since day dot I doubt we will see this happen.

The only web app they have invested time in is the C-Store section
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-10-2012, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
The only web app they have invested time in is the C-Store section

Typical ferengi. Then again, what business doesn't focus on lining their own pockets first before benefiting the community?

Anyway, they will likely make it a paid duty officer app for gold members only