Lt. Commander
in the mission epsylon beta, in the robela nobela, i beam down and when i walk away they disappear. then i get attacked by characters that are not where the shot is coming from. just a laser beam fired at me in all directions. any ideas how i can fix this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-10-2012, 03:49 PM
File a /bug report, beam out, and drop that mission. There are a few exploration planets that are unplayable due to bad ground collision detection - I had one where my character beamed in halfway underground. Couldn't move at all, and the game refused to let me use /stuck. Tried beaming in twice more, and if I wasn't stuck in the ground, one or more of my Boffs was.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drishmael
File a /bug report, beam out, and drop that mission. There are a few exploration planets that are unplayable due to bad ground collision detection - I had one where my character beamed in halfway underground. Couldn't move at all, and the game refused to let me use /stuck. Tried beaming in twice more, and if I wasn't stuck in the ground, one or more of my Boffs was.
Also check your map when you file the bug - I've found several ground maps ups in the northeast (Khazan, Aef'irr, the one off Iota Pav) that have horrific pathing and collision. I'll move forward five paces, notice I'm down a lackey, and find them on top of a pillar in the far corner of the map (or stuck in a building in the center of the map, drawing fire but unable to be hit).
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-11-2012, 03:50 AM
that bug is nearly 2 years old...had this when i started playing, for some time it was fixed, but it seems its here again.

i guess the STO source code is so F.U.B.A.R. that cryptic would need to start from scratch to eliminate a good portion of bugs.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-11-2012, 06:03 AM
I'd not even bother with the bug report. They won't fix the bug. Just drop the mission and move on.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-11-2012, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
I'd not even bother with the bug report. They won't fix the bug. Just drop the mission and move on.
they remove bugged maps like this from the game until they can fix them at least, soothers wont have to waste time.