Lt. Commander
# 21
04-11-2012, 10:07 PM
The Excelsior's somehow to old to still be in service but the B'rel retrofit doesn't take any flak for the fact that its also old as dirt. As Rhodes85 said though there are a lot ships that shouldn't really be here. But would you play it if it was missing the iconic ships of trek?
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierrafortune
The Excelsior's somehow to old to still be in service but the B'rel retrofit doesn't take any flak for the fact that its also old as dirt. As Rhodes85 said though there are a lot ships that shouldn't really be here. But would you play it if it was missing the iconic ships of trek?
The curse of being a game developer. Balancing the wishes of the fans wanting canon accuracy against the fans wanting to fly the ships they love.

Me, I love the Excelsior the moment I saw first saw it on screen. Always will be my favorite ship.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Quote:
But the other really old ships in the game aren't top-of-the-line. The Connie is T1 and T2. The B'rel is a pet (there's the +1 but aside from the cloak its really T4). The Miranda is T1. Etc. But the Excelsior is flat-out better than the 2-generations-newer Galaxy, and arguably better than the Federation's newest Soverign and Nomad. It makes sense at T3 but at T5+ its kinda out-of-place.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-12-2012, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
I think more importantly, it shows that this was actually created FOR this shot - it's not a preexisting model tossed in for filler, but has the air of an intentional inclusion, since the class wasn't otherwise shown in a state of advanced disassembly.
Hey... You are right...

They intentionally disassembled a part of the ship (or partially build a new one) just for this shot...

That would indeed indicate that Paramount considered the ship modern enough for construction...

Very Interesting...
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-12-2012, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Cryptic should have let this game happen 10 years after nemesis, rather than 40... Then we could have avoided all theese talks.
that was CBS not cryptic reason why if they did a new movie or tv show in prime universe
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-12-2012, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddam
that was CBS not cryptic reason why if they did a new movie or tv show in prime universe
I know, but still... It's not like there arent other ST games that take place around that time as well... And saying STO is even close to canon would simply be idiocy... it never was. So it's not like people would confuse STO with Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-12-2012, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
I know, but still... It's not like there arent other ST games that take place around that time as well... And saying STO is even close to canon would simply be idiocy... it never was. So it's not like people would confuse STO with Trek.
that is what the game was to be was canon as to why there is no romulan home world in this game that was only thing canon in JJ's movie this video will tell you that

http://vimeo.com/1504688?pg=embed&sec=1504688
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-12-2012, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddam
that is what the game was to be was canon this video will tell you that

http://vimeo.com/1504688?pg=embed&sec=1504688
Can you rephrase that? I am not sure I understand...

But regardless of the intention, this game is clearly as far away from canon as it can be, and every patch, it moves a little futher away.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-12-2012, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Why pick on the B'Rel when you can pick on the Raptor, which was from Archer's era so is even older than the older than dirt B'Rel?

Lt. Commander
# 30
04-12-2012, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaqua
It's in the big dock immediately to the left in the foreground.
Thanks. For some reason I didn't see the Nacelles on that, so just saw the Saucer and my mind filled in the blanks as a Galaxy.