Lt. Commander
Not to say I won't be back in time, but the day is nearing when I will have had enough...

There is no more "Going where noone has gone before" left for me to do...

Heck; I even did the Foundry missions in addition to going all out with the Doff system.

What STO is missing for me; and it falls in the PvP catagory is wide open space with things to search for and to do that are very hard to find, but very rewarding when you do find them.

More importantly within that wide open space there needs to be the element of PvP by opposing factions. I find myself getting so terribly bord when doing PvP on the same map environments over and over. The current PvP format offers no sense of exploration and adventure.

The STO Universe as it exists right now is giving me a terrible case of claustrophobia.

I have run the STF's into the ground and sometimes while being logged in and doing stuff I feel like I am going stir crazy.

In all fairness I have far more free time on my hands than most people which allowed me to overplay my welcome in a much shorter time than most people could.

I am sitting on two unopened Galors and over 2000 CP and I can't even justify using any of it. I have almost 80 million EC and there is nothing for me to spend it on.

I have had a blast though. No doubt about that.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-11-2012, 03:03 AM
You know, I'd totally be willing to take one of those Galor's off your hands if you don't wan them :-P

All Joking aside, I definitely see where you're coming from. I haven't clocked nearly the time you have but I feel like I'm starting to reach the end of what STO has to offer. The amount of end-game content being added is fairly slim and if you've played through all the single player episodes STFs and whatnot then PVP is the only place to go. With C&H or Arena being the only PVP options, the pickings are slim and repetitive even there. The most you can really do is try to improve your PVP skills and even then, sometimes it just gets boring. Maybe a more dynamic PVP game type, or setup could help? Or achievements and trophies to be obtained from PVP action only?

Heck even splitting PVP into levels "Normal" and "Elite" might improve diversity if only to have (hopefully) less PUGstomping by people who are organized and more close matches and well fought games. Or maybe "point capture" type PVPs but with clouds of NPCs defending for massive fleet actions?

I haven't reached burnout on STO yet, but I can definitely see the point when that light at the end of the tunnel will feel like it's a train rushing towards you.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-11-2012, 06:38 AM
The game has a lot of faults, it feels very much like a beta test. server crashes are a thing with all online games you have to learn to live with those. but when i mean a beta test, it feels like there is so much more content to add and we are only testing a part of it.

1. its just to easy and to quick to level, from zero to admiral takes 2 weeks, thats just way way to quick. Making it pointless to even consider buying a captain rank ship for cryptic points because in 2 days you will be the next rank and have available the next tier of ships. So few are going to spend hard earned cash to buy points to get a better ship. Which means cryptic is missing out on getting real cash to pay for game costs.(i am aware that once you reach the top tier it takes a while to get the best kit for your ship)

2 The PVP part of the game isnt what it should be. The so called neutral zone should change, planets should swap between fed control and klingon control, depending on the results of PVP action in the area. This means fleet action and ground action, but it shouldnt be a set pvp arena but more like kerrat, a kind of free for all to fight in. meaning those that dont like pvp just avoid the disputed systems and carry on with pve. If cryptic get a good pvp system going which effects the game a little more than earning a few skill points and a bit of dilithium, they will find there income goes up by at least 20%, because people will pay real money to truely compete with other players, if the real money via cryptic points buys an advantage.

3 The NPC part of the game should be more dynamic, meaning the borg take control of planets as players if we dont fight to kick them out then they take control of another planet until they control large sections of the alpha quadrant. results should be based on both fleet and ground battles, if we fight hard enough the borg get kicked off, if not then they use the planet to launch another attack on the next planet and occupy it.

In truth this game has the potential to be the best MMO game around beating all others hands down, it also has the potential to be a good earner for cryptic. And be one of the few MMO games where people gladly hand over real money for cryptic points not because they must to compete with other players but because they want to, because the game content is so great.

There is so much that can be done to this game to keep people coming back and logging on again and again, and not feel like the original poster, where we are timidly going where we went before, but in true star trek idealism of boldly going where no one has gone before
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-11-2012, 07:17 AM
Tha game as a whole is not what it should be, for any fan of the Genre.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-11-2012, 11:26 AM
aye. always room for improvement. But that's the beauty of F2P.

If your seriously sick of this game. Stop playing. Go play something else.

IF you love this game, keep checking the forums, and posting your ideas. Give them a few months. *or years* depending on what you want to see implemented.

unless they pack it in sto will be there when your ready to return.

- I mean.. unless you make it a habit to play games you dont like for the sole purpose of complaining about them. In that case, please carry on.

Seems like the popular thing nowadays.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshimura
aye. always room for improvement. But that's the beauty of F2P.

If your seriously sick of this game. Stop playing. Go play something else.

IF you love this game, keep checking the forums, and posting your ideas. Give them a few months. *or years* depending on what you want to see implemented.

unless they pack it in sto will be there when your ready to return.

- I mean.. unless you make it a habit to play games you dont like for the sole purpose of complaining about them. In that case, please carry on.

pretty much this.

I have 250+ games installed and ready to go, several of them are mmo's if I get bored of 1 there's sure to be something else that won't bore me and by the time I get bored of that something else, this game will likely not be boring to me anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarren
1. its just to easy and to quick to level, from zero to admiral takes 2 weeks, thats just way way to quick. Making it pointless to even consider buying a captain rank ship for cryptic points because in 2 days you will be the next rank and have available the next tier of ships. So few are going to spend hard earned cash to buy points to get a better ship. Which means cryptic is missing out on getting real cash to pay for game costs.(i am aware that once you reach the top tier it takes a while to get the best kit for your ship)

2 The PVP part of the game isnt what it should be. The so called neutral zone should change, planets should swap between fed control and klingon control, depending on the results of PVP action in the area. This means fleet action and ground action, but it shouldnt be a set pvp arena but more like kerrat, a kind of free for all to fight in. meaning those that dont like pvp just avoid the disputed systems and carry on with pve. If cryptic get a good pvp system going which effects the game a little more than earning a few skill points and a bit of dilithium, they will find there income goes up by at least 20%, because people will pay real money to truely compete with other players, if the real money via cryptic points buys an advantage.

3 The NPC part of the game should be more dynamic, meaning the borg take control of planets as players if we dont fight to kick them out then they take control of another planet until they control large sections of the alpha quadrant. results should be based on both fleet and ground battles, if we fight hard enough the borg get kicked off, if not then they use the planet to launch another attack on the next planet and occupy it.

In truth this game has the potential to be the best MMO game around beating all others hands down
[b]I agree with these recommendations. The NPC invasion mechanic would bring a lot of excitement to the game, as would a PvP mechanic that left players with consequences for their successes or failures. I'm really hoping that these are the sort of changes we see in the future.

I still love the Star Trek IP and the game, but it'd be nice to see some changes to the effect of the previous poster's suggestions.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshimura

I think if you read my OP you will find it was anything but a complaint thread. Quite the contary. As I mentioned in closing I have had a blast and will definately be coming back. I am actually shopping for a new MMO right now. I might go with Tera since its brand new and launches later this month.

I think what my OP points out is something many other players will run into given enough time to get through everything as I have.

I was merely trying to give them an idea what it is they need to do in order to head it off at the pass to avoid too many people coming to the same point I have arrived at.

Many of us know by now they are primarily focused on the new player owned/controlled Star Base content and while it sounds very interesting I have to ask myself if they are implimenting a PvP aspect to it, or god forbid its just going to be an aesthetic doll house for fleet members to hang out at.

Once again I want to explain myself.

This thread was in no way meant to be a complaint thread. Constructive criticism maybe, but not really even that. Just a heads up as to what the game lacks that is causing me to lose interest and what it is that may cause others to arrive at the same point I have come to given enough time.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-11-2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Gast
You know, I'd totally be willing to take one of those Galor's off your hands if you don't wan them :-P.
If I could give you the Galor and keep the Spiral Wave disruptors I would do it, but I wanted 8 of those neat beams for a C store ship I will eventually get, or I may have to sell both Galors to get the next lock box ship if its too good to pass up.

I never said I was quitting. Merely getting ready to take a long vacation away from the game to do something else until the new content is added.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-11-2012, 05:35 PM
fair enough.

It's probably just because i've read so many 'I"M LEAVIN" threads that whenever i start reading them it all starts to bleed together until i can faintly hear a baby crying in the background.

Posting is the only way to make the voice stop you understand...

i'll be sure to reread your original post more carefully. And what i said at the end there, it was really more of a general tip for all the people who complain about how much they cant stand the game. Not just you.

---

@iron
- i didnt care for #1 but 2 and 3 are inspired ideas man. If you have time definitely make a post about them if you haven't already.

as far as #1 i think that we are just unfairly imposing the leveling rate of other games on this one. I for one like that it doesnt take forever to max out.. Sure you lose something when it comes with ppl buying low tier ships - but that should be addressed not by slowing down leveling, but by adding a /noexp command.

That way if ppl had the option of staying in an enjoyable bracket, like the 29 to 39 bracket 4 example, they'd be Much more likely to buy a nice ship. I can personally attest to the fact i would of bought the klink BC retrofit if i could of stayed 39 a bit longer. - Like wise for the other brackets.

That's just my thought on it though.

-brainstorm!-
Even better - Hell take the 'same level pve function' one step further.

Allow people to match level in pvp and take a lower ship into battle with their friends new to the game. This obviously may be slightly tricker to code but i think it's definitely doable and i think it could be of great benefit for encouraging new and old players to have fun together.

Of course if you can already do this then.. heh i'll just be quiet.

p.s.
heh, so many great free ideas from the forums.

cryptic is lucky to have us!