Lt. Commander
# 21
04-13-2012, 01:27 AM
Blew me out of the water with that, Mac. Kudos for an excellent response.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-13-2012, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai
Blew me out of the water with that, Mac. Kudos for an excellent response.
Why be a theoretical physicist when you can be a theoretical physicist of fictional physics? :p
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-13-2012, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Trekkie View Post
Why be a theoretical physicist when you can be a theoretical physicist of fictional physics? :p
Indeed!
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-13-2012, 08:01 PM
The only ship that i know of with multiple shields layers was the Scimitar off of Star Trek: Nemesis. And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Enterprise-E ram that thing?
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-14-2012, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftona91
The only ship that i know of with multiple shields layers was the Scimitar off of Star Trek: Nemesis. And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Enterprise-E ram that thing?
That makes me sad, back in the early days Ramming Speed was always available and a favourite tactic of ours was to set 2 to 3 ships to Brace for Impact and Ram the guy with Feedback Pulse when it ignored Shields. I miss Ramming Speed being a viable option.

@ Mac_Trekkie: It's a minor mistake we all make from time to time. There is a lot of Star Trek and if I tried to remember it all I'd need to forget a lot of things like my own name or get a bigger head...
Lt. Commander
# 26 Employees
04-14-2012, 06:44 AM
Look I don't really want any of your help because all you are doing is ignoring the whole point. I just wanted to talk to an employees of cryptic or something to talk to it doesnt have to be exactly what I say.
I don't mind changing it. So just back off if your not going to say anything helpful.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-14-2012, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjslegacy1
Look I don't really want any of your help because all you are doing is ignoring the whole point. I just wanted to talk to an employees of cryptic or something to talk to it doesnt have to be exactly what I say.
I don't mind changing it. So just back off if your not going to say anything helpful.
You have alot to learn about forum posts. I'm not saying this to be mean,
but more information for you going forward. If you put an opinion onto the forum,
people will give you their opinions. Sometimes those opinions will be great arguments
backed up with logical thought, examples others will just want to melt your face off.

Just keep that in mind next time you Post.

Oh and another thing, a dev just won't grab an idea that alot of
posters don't like and discuss it with you to implement into the gaming mechanics
which would effectively break the game.

Honestly the STO forums are a tame place compared to
some other MMOs
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-14-2012, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Obviously you didn't read a single word of my post. You should go back and read it, it will make you a lot less stupid.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-15-2012, 12:09 AM
Quote:
I just wanted to talk to an employees of cryptic or something to talk to it doesnt have to be exactly what I say.
I seriously doubt that Cryptic would go out of their way to consider an idea that most in the community disapprove of, much less one that completely breaks the Star trek canon.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-15-2012, 05:31 AM
Quote:
The thing is they put in there two fast travel methods in already and a third just seems over the top.

First there is Transwarp, as you go up in Diplomacy or Marauding you get more locations. And almost every mission now comes with a Transwarp to start button on it.

Second you have Quantum Slipstream which is a short straight line speed boost.

Your system is almost like a Super Quantum Slipsteam, first you engage Quantum than you engage yours, it's just not a good idea to engage a speed boost within a speed boost. But your biggest mistake was posting it publicly and than complaining when it got criticised, if you didn't want people to give you feedback you shouldn't have posted it on the forums. And now your upset that your idea got shot down by almost everyone who viewed the thread? It's just not within the logic of Star Trek for starters, and it mimics an ability that already exists and is available to everyone (at L50).

Are you just too in awe of your own brilliance that you can't see that if this many people don't agree it might just be a bad idea. And as for expecting the Developers to read it, well for starters it says "New Ship" which is pretty misleading when the only design concept for your ship is the Nacelles fold together to make it go even faster in Quantum for a few seconds. Which in a way is the Odysseys trick although that is double length of Quantum not 33% more speed.