Lt. Commander
Hi Sir,

I already bought about 8 packets From Federation Doff's, and 3 packets Doff's of the Gamma Quadrant.
I also upgraded My Duty roster with 100 more, but I would like to know how and where you can recruit more Doff's ?

And another question : who is the contact that let's you swap 5 Doff's for 1 higher quality Doff please ?

I find the Doff system a real Bullseye winner ! I just LOVE it, and I'm sure I'm not alone !!!

Thx in advance for your answers !
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Assuming you're Federation (else I'd question why you'd be buying Federation doffs), you can go to Starfleet Academy and talk to the Personnel Officer in the Duty Officer building (she's directly behind Lt. Fierra[is that how it's spelled? I never really look, to be honest]) to get the 'general' Duty Officer Recruitment missions (General Recruitment, <branch> Recruitment, and Civil Corps. Recruitment). There are also other NPCs scattered around the Academy that have an icon similar to the Lt. and the Personnel Officer on the map/minimap that have other, specific species recruitment missions (Andorian, Vulcan, Human, Tellarite, iirc).

I think most other missions are 'rare' in either the Current Sector or the Personal tab while in Sector space for an appropriate sector.

Hope that helped (for the KDF side, it's pretty much the exact same thing, except the Personnel Officer there is next to a Gorn lieutenant in the main building who's name also escapes me - I'm terrible with names).
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-09-2012, 07:41 PM
Anyone know how long the cooldown is between recruitment missions at Starfleet Academy? All my Duty Officer recruitment missions are finished and when I went to pick up more they are all still greyed out.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkator24
Anyone know how long the cooldown is between recruitment missions at Starfleet Academy? All my Duty Officer recruitment missions are finished and when I went to pick up more they are all still greyed out.
Somewhere between 2-7 days. I don't have it narrowed down any more specific then that, and for that, I sincerely apologize. I think it's ~2 days for General and longer for the specific branches/species, though I was really inconsistent about following up on doing doff missions.

So hopefully someone has a far more accurate timetable then I do for that. :/
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-10-2012, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkator24
Anyone know how long the cooldown is between recruitment missions at Starfleet Academy?

3d seems to be the common thought. It looks that way for me anyway, and a lot of other's in the DOFF channels have said the same
Lt. Commander
Hi Sir,

And where can I change 5 Doff's for one higher quality-one please ?

Lt. Commander
# 7
04-10-2012, 04:44 AM
Orion: Above the fighting stage
Gorn and Nausicaan: 1/3 of the way to the cave with the library computer
General KDF personel: next to the library computer
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-10-2012, 06:20 AM
CD on personnel officer recruitment missions (all of them) is no longer than 2d, and probably exactly 2d. (I used 2d missions to track the cd of the 20h missions quite precisely. The 2d personnel recruitment missions are approximately 2d but i didn't track them as precisely).
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-12-2012, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskaton777 View Post
Hi Sir,

And where can I change 5 Doff's for one higher quality-one please ?

There are a few new Federation 'Cultural Exchange Agents' standing around (outside) on the grounds at SF Academy. An Andorian and Tellarite CEA are strategically located 'in back' of the building where you can get DOffs and take the History exams - just walk/run around the outside of that building until you find them. There is also a Vulcan CEA somewhere out in the middle of the grounds.

There are quite a few new NPCs at SFA so it is worth your time to walk around the whole SFA grounds looking for them - check your local area mini-map for NPC symbols.

The CE agents can give you a cultural exchange DOff mission - I've done a couple of these and I still don't know exactly what they accomplish.

The CEA can also let you turn in several 'underperforming' DOffs for a single DOff of the next higher quality and random specialization. The process is handled through the DOff mission interface, so you must 'assign' the DOffs you want to ship out, and when the exchange is completed (happens immediately), you must 'acknowledge' the completed mission in the DOff mission folder before your replacement officer shows up for duty. I always seem to miss the popup message listing the name of my new DOff, so I have to go to my DOff roster screen and select the 'recent recruits' option to find out who my new DOff is.

I believe you will always get a new DOff of the exchange agent's race - not 100% sure of that though. You have the option of exchanging any of the three lower quality level DOffs (white, green or blue) for the next higher level. i.e five common (white) DOffs for one uncommon (green) DOff, or turn in green DOffs and get a blue DOff etc. I have only exchanged white for green, so I am not exactly sure how the higher level exchanges work.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-12-2012, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guagamela
There are a few new Federation 'Cultural Exchange Agents' standing around (outside) on the grounds at SF Academy.
The correct title is "Personnel Officer." And yes, the species is guaranteed - Vulcan Cultural Exchange will always reward a Vulcan.