Lt. Commander
# 11
04-11-2012, 08:32 AM
Use a Vulcan (genetically nearly identical)
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-11-2012, 08:49 AM
Well from my point i say that i onyl play KDF and FED with my maincharacters as double agents because we are not able to play the best faction .. the Romulan Star Empire ...

The FED has a peaceful philosophy.. its okay.. but.. its not as much as succesful...also their clothign looks lame...except the pay stuff .. wich ive already bought XD

The KDF has actually cool clothing parts and many interesting species BUT the " i die for honor" thing gets annyoing after time... for a logical thinking person who dont believes in an afterlife its hard to be quiet when someone says " growl - im dieng for honor , i will go to stovokor after dieng.."...

thats almost somehow disgusting like the paklet's in the FED ( i have never seen a player playing them ..lol)...

I hope someday we will be able to be a part of the Romulan Star Empire ...

ohh an teh reason for havign so much FEDs is because people are forced to lay FED in the start AND because there are many kids and /or people who have the mind of a 13year old who want to play as xXKIRKXx or Jon Look Pkarrd and xxXassasine1998Xxx or similiar...

its like in the game "matrix onine" where almost everyone was called "neotheone "....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake477
I just want a Rommie Character for a captain for each faction, like they developed Lethains in KDF and Tellerites for the Feds but not a whole faction, that's insanity.
NO - The Romulan Star Empire would NEVER bow or serve to anyone...

putting them into foreing factions is just removing their culuture...

I think romulans would maybe "work" together with the Jem Hadar , Founders , Vortas and of course the Iconians , "maybe" also with the Hirogen and Hunters.. but as MAINFACTION.. not bowed and broken as servants ...
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-11-2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
I support Romulans but oppose Cardassians.
Tell you what I would like to see is civilian Freighters (and no chain of command) as an option.
I'd quite like to hop galaxys dealing in Spician flame Gems , Antarian Glow water and signed portraits of Harry Mudd
^^ This would be awesome very much I would love to play a pirate myself, a trader and something else toround it out would say merc but that kinda stands with pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake477
Each Faction should get a different playable Captian version of the Romulan species

Federation Romulans:

Refugees and defectors of the Tal Shiar as seen in TNG "Defector", Reunification and so on. That way the Romulans that are displaced by Obesek's Rampage or the Hubus Super Event, Basically Haakeev's former cohorts because that one female Romulan in Mine Enemy was some what cooperative. Plus include the Romulans in Spock's Reunification underground.

Klingon Romulans:

Like in TNG "Redemption" and the Klingon Civil War, have the Klingon Rommies be left overs from Sela's boys since she was in a partnership with the Duras House which by the way is now in charge of the Klingon Empire in the form of Chancellor J'mpok. Plus to level out the playable species for the Klingons have the Hirogen sign up since Sela let them hunt in there territory so it would be logical for the Klingons to honor that due to the leadership houses relationship with the Preator.

Reason:

Since the Tal Shiar and Sela don't see eye to eye so it makes sense. The Preator Sela attempted to kill the director of that agency so naturally those Rommies want to go to a former ally: the Klingons. While the Tal Shiar would go to the Feds since there hatred for Sela and the Senate overrides the hatred of the Federation. Plus Section 31 needs to expand there numbers and the Tal Shiar are good candidates.

Physical differences:
The Klingon Rommies should be more combat looking and be more bulky with more goblin like line ridges and more Reman looking since these are like Sela's personal bodyguard and have the tradition green tint like TNG. Plus some of those Romulans can be human looking too since Sela was the conception of Tasha and Romulan General which did not bother the Duras girls.

The Federation Rommies should be more Rugged looking but not tougher, since the refugee story is more likely with the Feddie Rommies, and have some clean looking Rommies too because the Tal Shiar at the time was like the secret police of Nazi Germany, very well tailored and clean operatives stationed on all types of vessels in the Romulan Imperial Navy. Plus like the Klingons have a more human looking Romulan since humans are a founding species of the Federation and make a Romulan-Vulcan hybrid like Lt. Savaak was in the TOS movie and books.

This is just an idea to incorporate Romulans into our respective Factions instead of making new one, but you can make one in the Alien creator like i have done with my XO being a Romulan: Commander Valan.
I'm sorry I just can't see any romulans gaining any kind of respect by serveing the empire some kind of blood feud or something and even the ones who would serve the federation might end up spending alot of time with section 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by aenta
just remember, to make a new faction they need to develop a lot of content, if 40% of people played klingon normaly then they could easily add in new factions. but as it is wit h20% klingon and 80% fed.

it just isnt worth adding in a new faction.

personally i saw this comming, maybe when they dont adding in content for klingons(if the content attracts more players) they will add in another faction.

just remember that it costs alot of money to develop all that for a new faction. klingon faction BARELY met its cost

people are just to obssessed with being on the "good" side. or side they see thier heros on in the show
and on this one idk how much really went into the KDF at launch however I remember the long pvp grind with little content ,but it sounds to me thats all people really want. For now that is....
Me I'm one of the ones who just don't care anymore if and when they were to come yes that would give me a little happy time to play with something new and it might even draw some attention to PvP so as people could level these content lacking factions up
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-11-2012, 09:02 AM
Oh and for all who speak against the RSE...

Youa re only afraid of the great power of the Romulan Star Empire... also soem people seem to hate the romulans because of their dark / xenophobic past....

but FED were not better and also klingosn are not.. the klingosn kill innocent lifeforms .. like tribbles...
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-11-2012, 09:13 AM
Cryptic will either pack the Romulan ships into lock boxes or sell them as 4000 C-Store points "Gift Pack"
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-11-2012, 09:35 AM
random idea...how about before making a romulan playable race. they give the KDF some more cloth options...or at least give orions something that isnt klingon or slave.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-11-2012, 09:40 AM
You know, if Cryptic would post a questionnaire on the login screen to the effect of asking if players would play X faction, they would get a really good and reliable feedback of what direction they should take.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-11-2012, 09:45 AM
Its an excuse, something cryptic are very good at these days.

There are only 20% of the games population playing the kdf because there is only 10% effort put into that faction.
If they actually spent time and money fleshing out the kdf up to ufp levels, I guarantee more players would play the faction!

Though we all know they wont, and its only proved more by the devs constantly making CBS excuses....
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-11-2012, 09:46 AM
Where is it stated that the Klingons do not believe in an After Life?
Where do you think the concept of the Black Fleet and Sto'vo'kor come from?
Klingons do not believe in a use for gods and according to lore the first created Klingons killed thier gods.
They most certainly believe in an after life that is determined by one actions and honor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
Cryptic will either pack the Romulan ships into lock boxes or sell them as 4000 C-Store points "Gift Pack"
Most likely as it would prove to be a revenue source that they could seel in the cstore.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
Its an excuse, something cryptic are very good at these days.

There are only 20% of the games population playing the kdf because there is only 10% effort put into that faction.
If they actually spent time and money fleshing out the kdf up to ufp levels, I guarantee more players would play the faction!

Though we all know they wont, and its only proved more by the devs constantly making CBS excuses....
Hell, if they would just flesh it out to be a complet storyline run form level 1 to level cap it would draw more players. A complete parity to the feds is not needed for this, just a complete faction level of gameplay.