Lt. Commander
# 21
04-11-2012, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleon View Post
You know, if Cryptic would post a questionnaire on the login screen to the effect of asking if players would play X faction, they would get a really good and reliable feedback of what direction they should take.
Evidently PWE polled somewhere for that same info. Kahless knows I never saw it.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-11-2012, 09:54 AM
Frankly, I'm the kind of person that can see myself playing in any faction. Whether Fed, Klingon, or Romulan, I can see myself rolling in any of their ships.

Cardassians however are even more unlikely to be playable than Romulans, and that is due to how long they have been in the Star Trek franchise. Romulans have been around since TOS, the Cardassians came into the picture in DS9. More people will play the faction that they know a lot about. Hence why there are waaaaaaay more Fed players than Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Evidently PWE polled somewhere for that same info. Kahless knows I never saw it.
Me either, and the funny thing is Roach, you, I and others visit the forums regularly, hell, we even play the game regularly right…. Not a single POLL question have I seen. No not one.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-11-2012, 10:04 AM
A minifaction for Romulans or who ever else would be cool. As long as there is a) Foundry support and b) Featured Episode play (they are generic enough anyway) and PvP options, all is fine.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r9xchaos
Oh and for all who speak against the RSE...

Youa re only afraid of the great power of the Romulan Star Empire...
You're right! I'm s******g my pants

Now seriously. I started playing my Klingon character a few days ago and I must admit it's really refreshing. The sad thing is that there are more Federation ships in Klingon sectors than vessels of the Empire

The problem with the Klingon faction is that you have to play on the UFP side first. Don't get me wrong. If I could choose I'd still create a Federation character as my main. If we want more Klingon players (I'd love the factions to be comparable in numbers), warriors have to get something that Federation doesn't have.

Cryptic's sin is that there's no possibility of creating a Klingon on level 1. On the other hand we can't blame the company - people prefer to play the "good" guys. And from the devs' point of view the proportions don't matter.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-11-2012, 10:20 AM
The problem here it comes down to the chicken or egg debate.

Cryptic says there are not enough players, but again it can be argued that if there would be full KDF content the new players for KDF would come. Cryptic decided to stick to the latter and abandoned KDF without broadcasting it to hold on on what KDF players they have.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-11-2012, 10:23 AM
My guess is Cardassians for Federation, Romulans for Klingons. Spend some cash for a Cardassian/Romulan captain plus some further cash for their ships.
Depending on the price, I would pay for two Chars + Ships. Cardassian Engineer and a Romulan Science captain + ships.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-11-2012, 10:32 AM
I would love to play as a Romulan!
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-11-2012, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r9xchaos
Well from my point i say that i onyl play KDF and FED with my maincharacters as double agents because we are not able to play the best faction .. the Romulan Star Empire ...

The FED has a peaceful philosophy.. its okay.. but.. its not as much as succesful...also their clothign looks lame...except the pay stuff .. wich ive already bought XD

The KDF has actually cool clothing parts and many interesting species BUT the " i die for honor" thing gets annyoing after time... for a logical thinking person who dont believes in an afterlife its hard to be quiet when someone says " growl - im dieng for honor , i will go to stovokor after dieng.."...

thats almost somehow disgusting like the paklet's in the FED ( i have never seen a player playing them ..lol)...

I hope someday we will be able to be a part of the Romulan Star Empire ...

ohh an teh reason for havign so much FEDs is because people are forced to lay FED in the start AND because there are many kids and /or people who have the mind of a 13year old who want to play as xXKIRKXx or Jon Look Pkarrd and xxXassasine1998Xxx or similiar...

its like in the game "matrix onine" where almost everyone was called "neotheone "....

NO - The Romulan Star Empire would NEVER bow or serve to anyone...

putting them into foreing factions is just removing their culuture...

I think romulans would maybe "work" together with the Jem Hadar , Founders , Vortas and of course the Iconians , "maybe" also with the Hirogen and Hunters.. but as MAINFACTION.. not bowed and broken as servants ...
pretty much this.
and also thousands people died today cause of the earthquake and tsunami at sumatra.

also - CRYPTIC, just DROP IT!
MAKE ROMULAN MINIFACTION 41-50 or just 50, hell why not!
give us:
- homeworld
- academy
- DOFF system and exploration - copy paste from existing factions
- foundry
- PVP and STF'S as normal
- one official mission
- 1 starter ship, 3 C_store VA ships
- here and then a costume to buy in the C-store

this is job for one man for a month, perhaps 2 (even i would do it in 2)
SELL IT FOR 20 EUR
and you'll get your cost back 1000x

then save the pack, in 6 month reskin to ferengi/vorta/whatever
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
I would love to play as a Romulan!
So would I, but not if that faction gets the same treatment as the kdf has got