Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 101
05-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudl View Post
those ships have a massive amount of shield points, it will take longer to drain...much longer. The drain part is maxed out in his built, you will not find more. What power lvl are you running? if you are under 125 aux, you found the reason.
Yeah, using 125 aux of course. Guess its just a problem with those massive shield points then. Still I find it disturbing that just plain weapons fire from an escort (and a cruiser too for that matter) actually drains shields better. And not necessarily involving any tetryon use either.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 102
05-03-2012, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muilo View Post
Yeah, using 125 aux of course. Guess its just a problem with those massive shield points then. Still I find it disturbing that just plain weapons fire from an escort (and a cruiser too for that matter) actually drains shields better. And not necessarily involving any tetryon use either.
No, this is incorrect.

70000 Shield is 60seconds, +your own weapons damage and you do more effective DPS than any escort.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 103
05-06-2012, 09:45 AM
Since people run quite torp heavy in STFs this build seems perfectly viable to me and I have encountered people using it, it helps a lot with killing the tac cube and donatra because every shot done by everyone hits the hull. Remember that a even a red shield can reduce the damage of a torpedo to 10%.

But just a quick question Cygone, what is your opinion on the slightly re-nerfed resist skills as well as the buffed grav well in relation to your builds?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 104
05-06-2012, 03:10 PM
When would you recommend setting off the Charged Particle Burst? It seems to have a very small range
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 105
05-10-2012, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeusima View Post
Since people run quite torp heavy in STFs this build seems perfectly viable to me and I have encountered people using it, it helps a lot with killing the tac cube and donatra because every shot done by everyone hits the hull. Remember that a even a red shield can reduce the damage of a torpedo to 10%.

But just a quick question Cygone, what is your opinion on the slightly re-nerfed resist skills as well as the buffed grav well in relation to your builds?
The major buff to PI really hurt this build, and I gotta admit I have not played since they nerfed it, but this is only a positive for this build and is only effected in PvP.

Grav well buff? I'm to lazy to read the patch notes =)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 106
05-10-2012, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypochondriacs
When would you recommend setting off the Charged Particle Burst? It seems to have a very small range
Umm, this is easy to answer.

Every time you are inside 3KM,
Every time is it off cooldown.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 107
05-10-2012, 09:16 AM
I tried to adapt this build to a BoP, this is what I went with.

Weapons
Fore:
3x MK XII Photon Torpedo [Borg]
1x MK XII Tricobalt Torpedo [Borg]

Aft
2x MK XII Disruptor Turret [Borg]

Equipment
KHG Shield, Engine & Deflector

Consoles
ENG: 1x Neutronium, 1x Borg Console, 1x Plasmonic Leech Console
SCI: 1x Field Generator, 2x MK XI Rare Flow Cap
TAC: 3x MK XI Photon Detonation Chamber (*+ KHG 2 piece set bonus)

BOFFs
COMM (Sci): Tractor Beam 1, ST 2, Tachyon 3, CPB 3
Lt. COMM (Sci): HE 1, TSS 2, Tachyon 3
Lt. TAC: HYT 1, HYT 2
Lt. ENG: EPTS 1, EPTS 2

DOFFs:
1 R Tractor Beam Off
1 VR, 1 R Development Lab Sci
2x VR PWO (already had two)


Some comments:

My build loses a 3rd turret but gained a Tricobalt, the goal was to have the Torpedo Procs help bring down the CD on the Trico (which it did)
That being said, I could alternatively go with a DC (or Quad Cannon if you happen to own one) to make up for the lost Turret procs.

My build also looses a copy of tractor beam & a flow cap console, but gains an additional Photon Detonation Chamber + the KHG 2 Piece bonus.

Lastly, as I wanted to just play around with this I didn't have my build optimized for drains and in particular I only had 6 ranks in flow caps.



It was different, I didn't really feel particularly strong compared to my other DHC Escort builds but I'm not sure how much the performance loss from
not being fully optimized and my general familiarity with the build was influencing that.

I think it does have potential though.


Cygone, if you have any ideas for what you might have done different in the ship layout for adaptation - please let me know.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 108
05-11-2012, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Ultimatum
I tried to adapt this build to a BoP, this is what I went with.

Weapons
Fore:
3x MK XII Photon Torpedo [Borg]
1x MK XII Tricobalt Torpedo [Borg]

Aft
2x MK XII Disruptor Turret [Borg]

Equipment
KHG Shield, Engine & Deflector

Consoles
ENG: 1x Neutronium, 1x Borg Console, 1x Plasmonic Leech Console
SCI: 1x Field Generator, 2x MK XI Rare Flow Cap
TAC: 3x MK XI Photon Detonation Chamber (*+ KHG 2 piece set bonus)

BOFFs
COMM (Sci): Tractor Beam 1, ST 2, Tachyon 3, CPB 3
Lt. COMM (Sci): HE 1, TSS 2, Tachyon 3
Lt. TAC: HYT 1, HYT 2
Lt. ENG: EPTS 1, EPTS 2

DOFFs:
1 R Tractor Beam Off
1 VR, 1 R Development Lab Sci
2x VR PWO (already had two)


Some comments:

My build loses a 3rd turret but gained a Tricobalt, the goal was to have the Torpedo Procs help bring down the CD on the Trico (which it did)
That being said, I could alternatively go with a DC (or Quad Cannon if you happen to own one) to make up for the lost Turret procs.

My build also looses a copy of tractor beam & a flow cap console, but gains an additional Photon Detonation Chamber + the KHG 2 Piece bonus.

Lastly, as I wanted to just play around with this I didn't have my build optimized for drains and in particular I only had 6 ranks in flow caps.



It was different, I didn't really feel particularly strong compared to my other DHC Escort builds but I'm not sure how much the performance loss from
not being fully optimized and my general familiarity with the build was influencing that.

I think it does have potential though.


Cygone, if you have any ideas for what you might have done different in the ship layout for adaptation - please let me know.
I would be tempted to drop the Tricobalt, and try running 4 Quantuns and 2 Purple Doffs, somewhere on these forums are the test figures I ran with multiple launchers vs multiple doffs, I think you will find that would be the highest DPS you can get while not sacreficing to many Doffs slots.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 109
05-14-2012, 07:53 AM
I'm a bit confused why you have 6 points in attack pattern? A science captain can't use attack patterns. Would it be better to but those 6 points into shi[ energy weapons?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 110
05-14-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypochondriacs
I'm a bit confused why you have 6 points in attack pattern? A science captain can't use attack patterns. Would it be better to but those 6 points into shi[ energy weapons?
Cygone is a Tac Captain. So yes, for us Sci Captains, moving those points elsewhere is a good idea.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:34 PM.