Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Do you really know.... just how much fun you snatched out of our hands?

Not just grabbed, took or repossessed.

I mean Snatched.

... like Rachel Weisz getting yanked out of that building in Constantine Snatched.

Me and my friends went from literally a string of all-nighters in the war zone (often forgetting to turn in our dilithum quest mind you ) because we were having so much fun pvping - To seriously contemplating leaving. I barely play more than an hour or two a week now. Though a lot of that has to do with my favorite carrier pilot having PC trouble. *hurry back maet!!* And finding a fun battle in the war zone is mostly luck *if you happen to be in the zone where the action jumps off before it fills up and gets locked*

Then with subsequent dilithum reducing changes... This fun was Almost Completely destroyed. I'm sure the numbers are available to you, but i can attest to the fact that there were easilly 15 to 20+ NON full open war zone instances (i.e. transferable and listed on the instance transfer dropdown) running almost constantly until morning Est. THen it would die down to.. 5 to 7 usually. I know this because i was up until then about to go to bed many a night back then.

Now? your lucky to have 4 war zones at peak time. and the good ones are always full.

Due to posting rules - most pvpers wont come here and tell you just how.. frustrating it is to get that kinda fun taken away from you with zero attempts to replace said fun.

I'm making this post to ask simply this:

In the future... if you have to make a change, Please try and understand the impact it will have on the playerbase - and if it is going to be a detrimental one to the core fun of the game (or an important segment of the game population in your estimate), take steps to negate some of that loss of fun. If you have to take something away please do your best to have a reasonable accommodation in place and ready to implement, to coincide with whatever change must be done.

Thank You.

-a concerned pvper.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-11-2012, 10:17 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshimura
I'm sure the numbers are available to you
I'm sure they can dredge some numbers up to support thier decision.:p
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-11-2012, 10:32 AM
Although I never did the Warzones, I do play arena matches and regularly play STFs. I'm concerned that if they've contemplated removing dilithium rewards from one zone, that soon they'll be removed from other areas of play as well.

I like to be rewarded for my time investment in PvP, and don't feel that the legitimate playerbase should have their rewards diminished for an issue that could be resolved by another mechanic, such as an inactivity boot, etc
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-11-2012, 11:09 AM
Ya know.. I had to re-read that original thread 3 times before I finally understood what I was reading:

This is a complaint post about the change to the Ker'rat PVP Mission (The one that you could complete 3 Ker'rat Zones and get money/Dilithium given a timer) and claiming that result has reduced the interest in Ker'rat.. Claiming that doing that reduced the fun in Ker'rat.

What they really did, when they made this change, was nerf the Farmability of Ker'rat. Do you realize, OP, that good farmers could complete Ker'rat in aprox 2-5 minutes? It would take nearly less time to get your 3 Ker'rat completions then it would to participate in say 2 Arena Matches or 1 Capture and Hold. People could sit in Ker'rat and fill up their Dilithium Caps in minutes and that's not counting if they are also doing Areans, or STFs during Lulls in Farming.

Reducing the Farmability of Ker'rat reduced your fun because now there's less people there abusing the farmability of Ker'rat?

There's still Arenas. Or Capture and Holds (Provided you actually try to Capture and hold and not just Fed ball up above the Station while no one Caps) And I highly Recommend FvK (Provided the Feds Que up for it since their preciouos FvF Goes faster because there's more Feds then Klinks >.<) Other wise there will be people in Ker'rat for you to kill. Always will be. Just less farmers.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-11-2012, 11:47 AM
I couldn't care less about dilithium in Ker'Rat, that is not the reason for me being there. I don't think I've ever done any objective in Ker'Rat(except killing feds of course).
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
Ya know.. I had to re-read that original thread 3 times before I finally understood what I was reading
I can see your point.

However, I have to ask, how often did you play Ker'rat?

Because the OP is right on the money about Ker'rat's population. I just recently took my wife there (lvl 25 Fed) before the change, and she enjoyed it. It was the most fun thing she had ever done it the game, and the next time she played, she made a Klingon JUST to go to Ker'rat and attack Feds. Now, Ker'rat is a ghost of its former self. There used to be liteally HUNDREDS of people across a dozen instances. Yesterday when I was on, there were two instances, ane of which only had four people in it.

Were the 90 other people ALL gold farmers? No, not by a long shot. So what happened?

Cryptic screwed up, that's what happened. a TON of people can almost NEVER get the Warzone daily. It took me 26 DAYS of checking every day to finally get it ONE TIME. Most players aren't going to play a missien if they can't at least get credit for it once a day. It is called a "Daily" after all.

Yes, there were some gold farmers in Ker'rat. Now they're in the Queues instead. Their farming didn't stop. But the fun in Ker'rat nearly has.

They screwed over ONLY their customers, not the farmers.

As a side note, there are still chainable missions to play Arenas and C&H, and there are NO penalties, nor any way to report farmers, so they aren't ALL that interested in killing PvP farming, They just thought they saw an easy way to "fix" Ker'rat's "problem", and acted before they thought it out.

<EDIT>

Quote:
I couldn't care less about dilithium in Ker'Rat, that is not the reason for me being there. I don't think I've ever done any objective in Ker'Rat(except killing feds of course).
I don't care much about the dilithium either. But a lot of people do. So when they made it next to impossible to get ANY dilithium from Ker'rat, they DESTROYED the population base. Meaning that Ker'rat is now a ghost town for all those of us that like playing there.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-11-2012, 12:04 PM
I spent far to much time in kerrat the past 2 years to spend much time there anymore. However I can see the OPs point... even if 50% of the people where farming it felt alive. Now it feels dead. Getting the farmers to curse you in zone chat, "Please I'm just here for the mission" LOL...

I think the real fix for both AFKers in Arenas... and Dead Kerrat... is to reinstate the repeatable dilithium mission and simply reduce the reward. It really doesn't have to be 1400 dilithium or whatever it is... the game has plenty of smaller 480 or so reward missions... why not do something like that. Sure people could still farm... still reducing the reward to a 1/3 would limit Cryptics "Losses".
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-11-2012, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
I think the real fix for both AFKers in Arenas... and Dead Kerrat... is to reinstate the repeatable dilithium mission and simply reduce the reward. It really doesn't have to be 1400 dilithium or whatever it is... the game has plenty of smaller 480 or so reward missions... why not do something like that. Sure people could still farm... still reducing the reward to a 1/3 would limit Cryptics "Losses".
Bingo. Just reduce the dilithium reward. After the economic conversion, I was simply surprised to be getting so much from them; a reduction instead of elimination makes sense.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-11-2012, 12:15 PM
480 would be fine with me. It'd be enough to get some of the population back, and you'd still get SOMETHING for doing the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-11-2012, 02:03 PM
I agree with the OP completely.

I hardly ever go to Kerrat anymore.

I used to log off and log in at Kerrat regularly.

While its true I would often just afk farm the minute the PvP action got going I was always in on the fray.

Mind you I would very often do the mission to compete for the purple drop, so I was not merely an afk farmer.

The point is Kerrat offered a unique environment to hang out at without having any pressure on you to have to do anything if you needed a break and better yet you were rewarded for it.

Now that the reward is gone many people like myself have for the most part abandoned Kerrat.