Lt. Commander
Hi everyone,

So the first contact sales ends to day. I recently got the game, am currently getting a gold subscription (bought the collector's edition fairly cheap off). I am a grand level 9 ATM, and should hit level 10 tonight. I have a few thousand C-store points, and I would like your advice what to spend it on, as I am a new player and really don't know what the best options are. I don't mind spending on something that won't be of immediate use to me yet, but if there is something I can purchase to take advantage now, or the near future, please let me know. ]

The LT. Commander ships are right around the corner (any options other the the Exeter and the Gladius?). I am a Tactical Officer, so I was considering the Gladius, but I am not sure if its all that much better than the free ship I will receive at level 10.

Also any improvement suggestions that would compliment a gold membership would be very much appreciated.

Thanks! The only things I have purchased in the store thus far are 2 Duty Officer packages. The mini-game around them seems kind of fun.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Well, there is a lot of ground to cover... The Gladius and Exeter consoles suck. These ships are better in technical terms than the free ships at that rank though. But both are not useful later on. I can recommend the Thunderchild at Commander rank, itīs console is quite useful.

Since you wonīt get to the point where you can buy higher tier ships before the sale ends though....

I would strongly recommend carefully reading the description of c-store item before buying them. Better safe than sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
Well, there is a lot of ground to cover... The Gladius and Exeter consoles suck. These ships are better in technical terms than the free ships at that rank though. But both are not useful later on. I can recommend the Thunderchild at Commander rank, itīs console is quite useful.

Since you wonīt get to the point where you can buy higher tier ships before the sale ends though....

I would strongly recommend carefully reading the description of c-store item before buying them. Better safe than sorry.
Thanks for the advice. Can I purchase things I can't use yet?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosicrucian
Thanks for the advice. Can I purchase things I can't use yet?
Nope, as far as ships go, you have to be of high enough Rank to use them in order to purchase them...

There are some things that are always useful, such as extra Bank & Inventory slots, (can never have enough of them....)

And if you're into DOFF assignments, the default 100 DOFF slots are not enough to handle multiple instances of desirable mission assignments....
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
Nope, as far as ships go, you have to be of high enough Rank to use them in order to purchase them...

There are some things that are always useful, such as extra Bank & Inventory slots, (can never have enough of them....)

And if you're into DOFF assignments, the default 100 DOFF slots are not enough to handle multiple instances of desirable mission assignments....
Been thinking about the bank and inventory slots. At what levels do I get more of each? Every ten? Also when do new character slots open up? I'm asking as a gold member.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosicrucian
Been thinking about the bank and inventory slots. At what levels do I get more of each? Every ten? Also when do new character slots open up? I'm asking as a gold member.
It depends if your a 'Gold' account ( who get more slots on a major 'Rank Up') or a 'Silver' account (who get diddly squat)

But keep in mind that extra C-Store inventory & bank slots are IN ADDITION TO your normal 'Rank Up' gains, and are the only way for a 'Gold' character to gain maximum bank & inventory slots. (Though extra bank & inventory slots are character only purchases and are not account wide...)

Now character slots, 'Gold' accounts get one dedicated Fed slot, one dedicated Klingon Slot (when you qualify at level 25) and one mixed slot (either or...) Additional character slots can be purchased from the C-Store
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
It depends if your a 'Gold' account ( who get more slots on a major 'Rank Up') or a 'Silver' account (who get diddly squat)

But keep in mind that extra C-Store inventory & bank slots are IN ADDITION TO your normal 'Rank Up' gains, and are the only way for a 'Gold' character to gain maximum bank & inventory slots. (Though extra bank & inventory slots are character only purchases and are not account wide...)

Now character slots, 'Gold' accounts get one dedicated Fed slot, one dedicated Klingon Slot (when you qualify at level 25) and one mixed slot (either or...) Additional character slots can be purchased from the C-Store
Thanks! One last question, the buy +2 Bridge Officer slots, is that also in addition to the slots I get from the gold membership, or no?