Lt. Commander
# 21
04-11-2012, 05:57 PM
While not as disturbed as other posters, I must vehemently disagree with the plan to have an entire currency only be awarded via these boxes and still not even be a sure thing.

-Add the crystals as a reward for the Ferengi dailies as well in Beta Ursae and Eta Eridani as well to open up gameplay methods.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-11-2012, 05:59 PM
These lockboxes are even worse than the last ones. Pay real money to open a box, to hopefully get some new currency that you'll have to save up by opening up many more boxes, just to get something else from a vendor in-game. I was already contemplating quitting because of how much of a waste of time STFs are due to the terribly low drop rates, and now this is pushing me even further out the door.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-11-2012, 05:59 PM
cant you just dump it all on the c-store?

then you get somewhat happy customers and profit.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
cant you just dump it all on the c-store?

then you get somewhat happy customers and profit.
Seriously. I would pay cold hard cash for any of these, especially the appearance ones. But I will not pay for the random chance to earn a currency that may or may not be enough to actually afford said items, thus requiring me to open more boxes and hope that I get this currency.

EDIT: I hope you'll take a hint from Champions in this regard which had the decency to release a C-Store variant on there grab bag stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenEricII

Lobi crystals?? Really? So we went to dilithium to consolidate currecny because there were too many currecnies, and now you're adding another currecny into the game that can only be gotten out of a chance box?? This is the WORST idea you people have come up with since F2P!
The "we have too many currencies" was just PR-speak. Dilithium was put in place to monetize as much of the game as possible.

In regards to the latest cash grab:

The continued inability to produce new missions (seriously, devs, just use the foundry for frak's sake), coupled with the incompetent attempts to "balance" the game has ensured that you will be getting no money from this player.

Sadly, though, there are enough dopes playing this game that will gladly fork over the money. So I guess there's no real point to this post. Enjoy your cash infusion, Cryptic. And maybe use it to, I don't know, make missions?
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-11-2012, 06:05 PM
I don't really have anything against the concept of lockboxes. It's sort of cool for some people if they want to gamble now and again. However what is just mindbogglingly bemusing is creating a new item store that only accepts currency that is only found in what is essentially a space slot machine. Creating yet another currency just seems silly when gold pressed latinum, a currency already widely associated with the Ferengi, is mostly sitting idle.

Despite all this and my being a terribly obsessed with collecting items sets I will probably end up buying a few keys.

*smashes keyboard*
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Can we just admit this is a theme park game now? First we had Jem Hadar destroyers, then Cardassian Galors, and now Ferengi D'Koras.

If they keep churning these out at the rate they are, Spacedock will be filled with nothing but novelty trash.
Lt. Commander
# 28
Wow that's a lot of stuff to collect for the obsessive STO player. On the bright side any player buying tons of boxes to get the ship will have more stuff to collect and won't be stuck with 50 DS9 uniform boxes they can't use. Damn shame the lobi crystals can't be picked up off the exchange.

That pretty much forces folks to buy keys off the exchange if they refuse to spend Cstore points on keys.
Lt. Commander
# 29
This rustled my jimmies.
Lt. Commander
# 30
I sincerely hope the normal lock boxes won't drop every 5 damn seconds when doing Fleet Actions and STFs. That was beyond tedious.