Lt. Commander
# 11
04-12-2012, 12:58 AM
And the Friday the 13th Special event will probobly be a video of the Cryptic Devs removing their Masks and revealing their real faces:

Rom, Quark, Grand Nagus Zek, Liquadator Brunt FCA, Ishka, Pel, Gaila, and Nog...
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-12-2012, 01:40 AM
I think the Dev Blog proves that Startrek Online is succeeding as a Free-To-Play game. These lockboxes must really sell well. But I suppose that was to be expected, after all, it works for the other Perfect World games.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-12-2012, 02:31 AM
more stupid frivolous crap. i can just picture myself tomorrow typing this

"you guys seriously just made the dkora the most dangerous science vessel in the game? seriously? the dkora?"

im going to be so ****ed if i have to type this out, again, in the dev blog thread. at least they good and broke science first, lol. not really lol.

i have a feeling it will be a recon sci with a LTC tac station and something stupid like 18 turn rate and 36000 hitpoints. ensign engineering too for the extra lol hell of it, and a universal LT instead of an engineering LT.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-12-2012, 03:07 AM
Oh, schweet, new science ship? *buys thousand lockbox keys to get it*No, not really

Let's hope it's a Science Vessel, because they just nerfed science and customer complains about the subpare performance of the D'Kora may help. On the other hand, t he nerf only affects PvP, so maybe it doesn't matter.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-12-2012, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Oh, schweet, new science ship? *buys thousand lockbox keys to get it*No, not really

Let's hope it's a Science Vessel, because they just nerfed science and customer complains about the subpare performance of the D'Kora may help. On the other hand, t he nerf only affects PvP, so maybe it doesn't matter.
i ether predicted wrong or am getting trolled, apparently heres the stats from in game chat. they are droping right now, pre blog post.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=265939
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-12-2012, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
And the Friday the 13th Special event will probobly be a video of the Cryptic Devs removing their Masks and revealing their real faces:

Rom, Quark, Grand Nagus Zek, Liquadator Brunt FCA, Ishka, Pel, Gaila, and Nog...
LOL yes in out universe the ferengi crashed here in the 30s. ... and went to work inventing in game electronic nik nak stores. ("These HUUmuns are so dumb they will give us real latinum for imaginary latinum... ehehehe" - G.N. Zek)
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-12-2012, 07:13 AM
Is this the "fixed" VTR that many say is now useless and only stacks once or the old broken VTR?
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-12-2012, 07:18 AM
In case it wasn't already obvious, any development for the klingon faction (or any other faction) as well as PvP is a minor concern. Everything is now about lockboxes. It appears that Cryptic is putting the majority of their resources into that in order to gouge the consumer for as much profit as possible. How apropos that this latest lockbox has a Ferengi theme. A little too on the nose (or on the lobes?) in my opinion.

I'm going to continue to do my best in ignoring all the B.S. and focus on the pew pew, and getting my STF gear.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-12-2012, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I think the Dev Blog proves that Startrek Online is succeeding as a Free-To-Play game. These lockboxes must really sell well. But I suppose that was to be expected, after all, it works for the other Perfect World games.
That or it's a smash and grab before they shut the game down.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-12-2012, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
That or it's a smash and grab before they shut the game down.
Yeah, it feels more like an act of desperation to me. As in, "This tub is sinking, so milk everyone you can before you abandon ship."