Lt. Commander
# 71
04-28-2012, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trismigistus View Post
The last Bug ship I know of that sold went for something like 600 million and it is unlikely even if you found someone willing to sell you one that they would not know its value, so realistically unless you have x10 D'Kora/Galor in value, or 50,000 CP ($500) in cards to trade for one your not likely to get anyone to even consider it.
With the new 500 mill limit on exchange they have often been selling under that.

One sold for 450mill a week or so ago.

So 5 galors at 85mill average = 425million, not to far off the mark.
(galors will only raise in price in the long run)
Lt. Commander
# 72
04-28-2012, 02:53 PM
All true. I made my first 500mil buying and selling galors and ferengi shuttles. I think I have met someone who wishes to sell me a bug so fingers crossed
Lt. Commander
# 73
04-28-2012, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhynobeatz View Post
the way you do it so you dont get screwed is you only give half the code until you receive merchandise.
LOL if you only give half the code can you redeem it for half the points?

Half the code, even the entire code short one letter, is worthless.
Lt. Commander
# 74
04-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormnnorm
LOL if you only give half the code can you redeem it for half the points?

Half the code, even the entire code short one letter, is worthless.
true

"here's half the code, now you give the ship" ship given
"bye bye sucker!"

or they give the full code, but it was paid for with a Credit Card, they then refute the charges with the CC company (who always side with the holder of the card)

The C-store points you got are now removed from your account, and it may even be banned (not sure how cryptic handles that in this game, but in others that is what will happen)
Lt. Commander
# 75
04-28-2012, 07:44 PM
well the people who would think of ways to f up a perfectly good trade have revealed themselves as the people whom i would not trust to trade even if they had said goods. Much like an evil villian in a bad movie youve spelled out your plot to get foiled. Honest ppl need only reply and i'm sure theyll be smart enough not to do it in forums. Have fun isolating yourselves by always expecting the worst in ppl everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 76
04-28-2012, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhynobeatz View Post
well the people who would think of ways to f up a perfectly good trade have revealed themselves as the people whom i would not trust to trade even if they had said goods. Much like an evil villian in a bad movie youve spelled out your plot to get foiled. Honest ppl need only reply and i'm sure theyll be smart enough not to do it in forums. Have fun isolating yourselves by always expecting the worst in ppl everyone.
Not everyone would, but the seller does not know that, and the seller would be the one taking 100% of the risk, even after the trade seems to have gone off smoothly.

so until Cryptic starts putting something like PLEX cards in STO For C-store points, there is no safe way for someone to trade an item for CP.
Lt. Commander
# 77
04-29-2012, 12:53 PM
I've merged the "Jem'hadar attack ship" thread with the original "lockbox ship trades" thread.

I made an edit to the OP a while back which explains a specific rule you all need to be aware of, please review this rule.

Thanks,

Alecto
Lt. Commander
# 78
04-29-2012, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto
As long as this thread's here to benefit the community, please make sure to read this significant forum rule, thank you. ~Alecto
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE Community Rules and Policies
Sales and Trading
You may not create posts and/or private messages that allude to, contain language, comments, references, links, symbols, terms and/or imagery about and/or promote, advertise and/or otherwise support, in any manner whether directly or indirectly, the purchase, sale and/or trade of any account, character and/or other game asset for out of game assets.
So the short of it is; we cant sell/trade them for anything outside of game, most notably real world money.

Question is though, where do Cryptic Points fall on this ruling?
Technically they're in an in-game asset, but in order to directly give them from one player to another, one must gift them using real world money.
Lt. Commander
# 79
04-29-2012, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWard1701 View Post
So the short of it is; we cant sell/trade them for anything outside of game, most notably real world money.

Question is though, where do Cryptic Points fall on this ruling?
Technically they're in an in-game asset, but in order to directly give them from one player to another, one must gift them using real world money.
Then my guess would be it's a no, I'll seek confirmation tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
# 80
04-29-2012, 09:36 PM
So Ive got about 10 mission EC... anyone willing to sell a galor for that price?