Lt. Commander
# 1 EPS Console Questions
04-12-2012, 01:00 AM
A couple of builds state that 2x EPS flow regulators or more is necessary in cruisers utilizing beam arrays (standard beam boats) people are now telling me that they aren't necessary at all then some say use as many as i can and yet again some others say just use one, can anyone shed some light on this, btw using EPTW1x 2 EPTS3 x2 as primary boff skills + others
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-12-2012, 01:14 AM
Well, I'm sure you've noticed that when you open fire with an array, your weapons power drops down, and then recovers back up. The EPS Console increases the speed of that recovery (or any other power adjustments like EPtS) by a noticable amount. If you want to squeeze every last drop of damage out of your weapons by reducing the drain time by an extra fraction of a second, then you slot multiple consoles at the expensive of armor consoles. If you want a good boost but don't want to give up your defense, you slot the single best console you can reasonably afford. If you don't care and will just wait the extra second when shooting or changing power modes, you slot zero consoles and load up on armor. Depends on your playstyle.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-12-2012, 01:31 AM
i used to run 3 of them but now i run 1 or none ive not noticed any real advantage and the power said effects the power transfer rate between systems now that tells me it goes faster when switching power profiles but everyone has there own interpitation
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-12-2012, 01:39 AM
I was under the impression they changed the mechanics last year that EPS consoles dont do anything for weapon recovery.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-12-2012, 01:41 AM
it was said that they changed it so that weapon power went back to previous after the firing cycle without downtime in some patch

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=160696

Weapon Energy Drain Mechanic Changes

The weapon energy drain mechanic will be changing once this build goes to Holodeck. Weapon Power drain is now instantly refunded at the end of a weapon’s firing cycle, instead of a slow return as was previously implemented. Multiple weapons being fired at the same time will still produce a significant drain and will affect their damage proportionately, but once the weapons stop firing, the weapon power level will immediately return to normal.

This change was primarily inspired by player feedback - specifically on the topic of the energy drain caused by firing multiple bursts of energy weapons. Players may now fire all of their energy weapons repeatedly burst after burst, but the damage for each weapon is still diminished during the firing cycle.

As a result of this change to the energy drain mechanic, the EPS Flow Regulator Station Mods, will no longer have an effect on DPS. They will continue to function to improve power transfer rates between different systems.

I'm guessing they mean that emergency power boff skills will be affected by this.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-12-2012, 01:58 AM
Hmm, I stand corrected. It seemed like my stuff was recovering faster when I slotted that console. Well, more space for armor.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-12-2012, 02:01 AM
well i think it still works for transfering shield strength and emergency powers though not sure the amount that's necessary for that
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-12-2012, 05:21 AM
EPS consoles are still useful if you use beam overload which takes 50 weapon energy to use. The console helps to restore that energy pretty quickly. The console also helps to restore energy quickly when you turn off full impulse.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-12-2012, 07:39 AM
This thread is PURE WIN!
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-12-2012, 09:36 AM
1 EPS console is more than enought, there is no sense in stacking those. Please don't pay attention to the "dragonflagship post" (or some like that i dont remeber exact name), that post is a BIG fail.