Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Release Notes: April 12, 2012

General
•Re-added Kurland's voice over for KDF characters to the end of "Boldly They Rode."
•Borg Cubes should no longer pitch and yaw while in combat.
•General server stability improvements.
•Ships will once again bank correctly when turning while in combat.
•A Ferengi Lock Box has started dropping as loot!
◦For more information, please see this Blog: http://www.startrekonline.com/node/3065
•There is a new specialty store associated with the Ferengi Lock Box.
◦See the FAQ tomorrow for more information.
Are you seriously kidding me? How many thousands of posts have there been since these started dropping like flies in the Cardie FE stating WE DON'T WANT ANY MORE!!! Are you listening to us? No... Did we see this coming? Yes. People got really sick of these boxes really quickly.

You ask for our feedback and then ignore it. If you don't want to hear our feedback, and aren't going to listen to it, don't ask us for it...

After getting Tulaberries in a Gold Lockbox (Yes you read that right) in the Cardie missions I stopped bothering. I won't be buying keys for this from the C-Store, The Exchange, or anywhere else, every box I get will be deleted. I am not paying to gamble in this game,

Since you're clearly not going to listen to that feedback anyway, listen to this bit please. Don't spam the heck out of us in chat channel or on our screens saying XYZ has won ABC. Just at least remove that one thing...
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-11-2012, 08:05 PM
As annoying as they are for those of us that don't play the lock box game, the fact is that there are plenty of nuts who will dump piles of hard earned cash on them and, from that point of view, they have been a huge success to date.

Expect to see loads more.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-11-2012, 08:48 PM
We need an option to ignore lock box drops.
Out of sight, out of mind!
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-11-2012, 09:25 PM
you'd think that with all the negative feedback they would have done something different with this one just to try and find a good medium between "makes money" and "happy fans"
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith_Shadow
you'd think that with all the negative feedback they would have done something different with this one just to try and find a good medium between "makes money" and "happy fans"
Adding the currency you get with opening every lock box and then having a new store to buy stuff in *is* different than the previous lock boxes.

(Yes, the winter box had the 'winter junk' you could trade in for scarves and such, but you had to randomly get the right items to trade. The new currency is different from that. Plus, the winter store had only cosmetic items honestly, and some of those were 'palate swaps' IIRC. The new store has a lot of different things.)
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-11-2012, 10:00 PM
I just don't get the cyclical logic behind this one. You can use the Lobi crystals to buy cool stuff. So why not just put that stuff in the c-store instead of going through this extra step? Are you that desperate for improving your master key sales? Or are you that dumb? Or are you just the greedy dog that saw its reflection in the river with a bone and in trying to snatch its reflections bone it dropped its own?
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Does crypticstudio fired its dev team?
We have crapy loot in STF.
We had those such cardassian lockbox. Eventhough I didn't take them it was like a flood making the game boring.
Now they do it again. They just recalled those such box Ferengi lock box. I think cryptic studio doesn't respect its gold member anymore. God member, anf lifetime member shouldn't see those lock box. It should be only for f2p. After alll. They want play for free. IF they want loot they have to pay. I pay for play game. I don't this.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-11-2012, 10:10 PM
This is very bad, if this is how online games are going (A LOT OF ONLINE GAMES ARE TURNING TO THIS METHOD OF MAKING CASH), think it's time to start buying single player games again.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muftytufty
This is very bad, if this is how online games are going (A LOT OF ONLINE GAMES ARE TURNING TO THIS METHOD OF MAKING CASH), think it's time to start buying single player games again.
Yes its true.
But we have to adapt if we want to play MMO.
Its not good, but look at it from another point of view: Instead of paying for time you have to pay for ingame "services". You can pay more or less, or you can play for free. It gives you choise, and choice is always good...

What is really bad in STO is lack of new content, and they are making boxes instead of content because its very easy and gives some instant money...
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-11-2012, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith_Shadow
The thing is, where is the negative feedback coming from? Is from those who just hate the boxes, or is it also the numpties who are putting loads of cash into the C-Store and no getting what they want?