Lt. Commander
# 11
04-12-2012, 12:06 AM
Whats worse... they are introducing a set that can only be aquired through lock-box rewards...

The game is not truly a "if you have money, you win".

But hey... At leas cryptic has found a way to put themselves into the game.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-12-2012, 12:51 AM
Wow Cryptic guess you did not learn a thing from the Cardie lock boxes. This is only going to jack up the dil exchange rate again and **** off a lot of your players. The exchange rate was just starting to go back to a reasonable rate too. Also players don't like the lock boxes in the first place. I'm a max level FED and like I do is play STFs, by adding in the new lock boxes to the drop system you are cutting into the chance of getting epic loot in STF. Now don't get me wrong I understand you have to make money on STO somehow now that is is free to play. So I will give you an idea, make it so the lock boxes don't drop in elite STF's. That would make some of your upper level players happy and still give you a source of income from all the people that will buy into this bad idea. I know you will never take my idea to hart so I give this new lock box a day or less and then it will end up like the Cardie one, where all players will ignore them all together. I will end this by stating that if you don't take the feedback of your players into consideration you will end up losing a good bit of your player population because of a dumb idea.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-12-2012, 01:02 AM
funny thing is lock boxes are cool although a little annoying
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-12-2012, 01:11 AM
Lock boxes are as cool as the pimple on my backside.
Lt. Commander
# 15 SWITCH OFF the message :)
04-12-2012, 01:13 AM
press "esc" "options" "basic" there it is
"enable gameplay announcement flybys"

they added that after the big complainings during the 1st lock box thing ......

lock boxes
grind stfs instead of cool raids (as the stfs were in the past!!!!)
super fast lvling instead of that amazing lvling experience i (ok i liked it) had in the past ....
we need a new company for STO IMO
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-12-2012, 01:46 AM
We knew this was coming, they said it was coming. They did listen to the feedback, and they added the option disable the messages. They also listened to the amount of keys sold. The truth is that most people are fine with lockboxes. Only a small minority of the total game population is against them.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-12-2012, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieboysw View Post
We knew this was coming, they said it was coming. They did listen to the feedback, and they added the option disable the messages. They also listened to the amount of keys sold. The truth is that most people are fine with lockboxes. Only a small minority of the total game population is against them.
Not treally, they added the option to disable it popping up center screen but it still spams the hell out of the chat box...
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-12-2012, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith_Shadow
you'd think that with all the negative feedback they would have done something different with this one just to try and find a good medium between "makes money" and "happy fans"
Maybe this is the happy medium? It makes Cryptic money, and the forums aren't burning.

Quote:
I just don't get the cyclical logic behind this one. You can use the Lobi crystals to buy cool stuff. So why not just put that stuff in the c-store instead of going through this extra step? Are you that desperate for improving your master key sales? Or are you that dumb? Or are you just the greedy dog that saw its reflection in the river with a bone and in trying to snatch its reflections bone it dropped its own?
It's not desperate if it's working for them.

It may feel wrong, dishonest and exploitive, but it's not desperate if it actually works. And I presume it does, otherwise they wouldn't try another lockbox.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-12-2012, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack-NZ
Not treally, they added the option to disable it popping up center screen but it still spams the hell out of the chat box...
Which you can also disable, or move to a separate tab like I do.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-12-2012, 05:26 AM
I just did Infected Space and the reward i got in my bag

1 rare item and a box to open which had a Ferengi lock box inside

wow now i was so overjoyed................