Lt. Commander
# 11
04-12-2012, 01:36 PM
I heard of usually 1-3 lobi crystals dropping, but occasionally there have been reports of more than that.

I only opened my 2 hacked boxes with the hacked keys from the mission leading from Qu'nos or ESD to Dozena Station.
2 lobi crystals, 2 boxes of shield+health consumables (stack of 5) total from 4 boxes.

The 5th looted Ferengi box was a golden one, not bound.
The boxes drop from basically everything again, including torps and mines and buildings.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-12-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikodas View Post
So after reading several of the "Lockbox" threads I decided to log into the game and check just how bad things really were.

For 50 Lobi Crystals you can get an item that randomly tells you a Rule of Acquisition.

For 100-200 Lobi Crystals you can get the various outfit pieces, of which there are 4.

For 200 Lobi Crystals you can get ONE PIECE of the Ferengi Ship Set.

To top all that off... each Ferengi Lockbox that you open grants you a grand total of 1 (yes that's ONE) Lobi Crystal.

Do the math...

How many of you have hundreds of dollars (literally) lying around just waiting to be used on this stuff?
this is a business, not a charity! I, for one, would GLADLY pay THRICE the asking price for ONE crystal. AND I WOULD BE GRATEFUL.

allofmymoney.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-12-2012, 04:54 PM
just to be more clear, some bookkeeping:

ferengi shuttle = 800 crystals

average loot from a box = 10 crystals (taking into account that one can get much more from a box or less)

800/10=80 boxes = 80 keys = 7200 CP minimum or 80kk EC (but prices haven risen already, so double that)

now, remember, this is about a shuttle...not the ody-pack with 3 ships which costs 4000 CP

and yet Cryptics minions keep telling that the sun is shining...i could tell you where it is definitely shining on their side considering this shameless RIP-OFF...

iŽve really seen some FUŽed up stuff in online games but this is by far on top of everything

and yeah, i also got just a lousy crystal out of a box and nothing else but i wont bother to file a ticket, iŽll just never ever give this "company" real money and i guess many players will realize that theyŽve been ripped off too late...
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-12-2012, 05:00 PM
I've also got a single crystal reward, I've also gotten one with just 2 crystals. Bleh :/
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flottenhorst
just to be more clear, some bookkeeping:

ferengi shuttle = 800 crystals

average loot from a box = 10 crystals (taking into account that one can get much more from a box or less)

800/10=80 boxes = 80 keys = 7200 CP minimum or 80kk EC (but prices haven risen already, so double that)

now, remember, this is about a shuttle...not the ody-pack with 3 ships which costs 4000 CP

and yet Cryptics minions keep telling that the sun is shining...i could tell you where it is definitely shining on their side considering this shameless RIP-OFF...

iŽve really seen some FUŽed up stuff in online games but this is by far on top of everything

and yeah, i also got just a lousy crystal out of a box and nothing else but i wont bother to file a ticket, iŽll just never ever give this "company" real money and i guess many players will realize that theyŽve been ripped off too late...
Average crystals froma box is 2, not 10.

Do the math with -that-.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-12-2012, 09:00 PM
10,000 Cpoints spent
~111 boxes opened

0 Ships
0 Consoles
2 Gambling Devices
3 Fighter squadron pets
3 Large CXP boos
4 Skillboostt
4 Duty officer Packs (1 Bound purple, assuming its one of the ultras, Eliminator Fronn)
6 Small CXP boost
6 Holo drones
8 Ground pets
20 Dual consumables
27 Deflector/armor
492 lobi crystals (Got x50 once, and x30 ~5-6 times)

85 contained loot+crystals, 26 ONLY CONTAINED LOBI CRYSTALS

*edit*
4.4 Crystals per box,
Shuttle - 182 Boxes - 5,114,200 Dilithium @281 D/Cpoint - 200,200,000 Ec@ 1.1m/key
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-13-2012, 12:16 AM
I wonder if they realise what they are doing?

In every MMO a release of new stuff may get a bit of whining for the fact that it seems imbalanced, but never the outright protest we're seeing here. Don't Cryp/PW realise that negative feedback is occuring for a reason?

This methodology of reaming its players for every penny is going to drive away more and more people. Eventually there won't be enough left for them to stripmine cash out of and the game will fold.

Do PW's shareholders realise that this is reducing their long term return on investment for the sake of a few bucks? Not showing very much due-diligence.....
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-13-2012, 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovus_Amberose
I wonder if they realise what they are doing?

In every MMO a release of new stuff may get a bit of whining for the fact that it seems imbalanced, but never the outright protest we're seeing here. Don't Cryp/PW realise that negative feedback is occuring for a reason?

This methodology of reaming its players for every penny is going to drive away more and more people. Eventually there won't be enough left for them to stripmine cash out of and the game will fold.

Do PW's shareholders realise that this is reducing their long term return on investment for the sake of a few bucks? Not showing very much due-diligence.....
Pretty much.

I mean, it's bad enough they have to add the 'bribe' of Lobi to boxes in an effort to seemingly get more people to buy keys or get people to buy more keys..

But, the *average* Lobi per box should be 20-30, or the prices of crap in the Lobi store should be 1/10th to 1/15th of what is currently is. IE: you should only need to open, on average, 5 boxes for one of the good costume pieces (Skirt or Jacket) or other 'fluff' (and less for the more useless junk like pets).
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-13-2012, 03:11 AM
Same thing happened to me what it the best way to log this? i made a bug report in the game but thats probably not the best way
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-13-2012, 03:11 AM
**posted twice for some reason**