Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
04-13-2012, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerot View Post
10,000 Cpoints spent
~111 boxes opened

0 Ships
0 Consoles
2 Gambling Devices
3 Fighter squadron pets
3 Large CXP boos
4 Skillboostt
4 Duty officer Packs (1 Bound purple, assuming its one of the ultras, Eliminator Fronn)
6 Small CXP boost
6 Holo drones
8 Ground pets
20 Dual consumables
27 Deflector/armor
492 lobi crystals (Got x50 once, and x30 ~5-6 times)

83 contained loot+crystals, 28 ONLY CONTAINED LOBI CRYSTALS

*edit*
4.4 Crystals per box,
Shuttle - 182 Boxes - 5,114,200 Dilithium @281 D/Cpoint - 200,200,000 Ec@ 1.1m/key
Thank you for doing this test for the community. I'll spread the word around. I'm also going to try really hard to get someone over at Cryptic on the Phone today and yell my face off at them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
04-13-2012, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexMako View Post
Average crystals froma box is 2, not 10.

Do the math with -that-.
i was refering to the "official" drop rates...hence they are bollocks it gets much worse

take jerots figure...still very bad
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
04-13-2012, 07:06 PM
Quote:
10,000 Cpoints spent
~111 boxes opened

0 Ships
0 Consoles
2 Gambling Devices
3 Fighter squadron pets
3 Large CXP boos
4 Skillboostt
4 Duty officer Packs (1 Bound purple, assuming its one of the ultras, Eliminator Fronn)
6 Small CXP boost
6 Holo drones
8 Ground pets
20 Dual consumables
27 Deflector/armor
492 lobi crystals (Got x50 once, and x30 ~5-6 times)

85 contained loot+crystals, 26 ONLY CONTAINED LOBI CRYSTALS

*edit*
4.4 Crystals per box,
Shuttle - 182 Boxes - 5,114,200 Dilithium @281 D/Cpoint - 200,200,000 Ec@ 1.1m/key
...I'm...wow...I knew the odds were bad, but I didn't think the Lobi included would be so stingy! Especially considering 1/3 of the boxes you opened were only crystals
This lockbox stuff has progressed to being retarded.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
04-13-2012, 09:47 PM
This reminds me of the Rules of Acquisition numbers 1, 10, and 239.

1) Once you have their money, you never give it back.
10) Greed is eternal.
239) Never be afraid to mislabel a product.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
04-14-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovus_Amberose
"Lobi Crystals that will be accepted as currency at a vendor that sells new specialty items. (You will always get Lobi Crystals in addition to the other prizes you get with every Ferengi Lock Box you open.)"
You didn't read it carefully enough. It's saying that if you get a reward, you'll also get at least one Lobi Crystal. Some people have opened boxes where the Lobi crystal is the only reward, but others have received 30 or 100 crystals as their reward in a box.

So, you're guaranteed at least one crystal, but not anything else.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
04-14-2012, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluegrassGeek View Post
You didn't read it carefully enough. It's saying that if you get a reward, you'll also get at least one Lobi Crystal. Some people have opened boxes where the Lobi crystal is the only reward, but others have received 30 or 100 crystals as their reward in a box.

So, you're guaranteed at least one crystal, but not anything else.
Lets break it down

"You will always get Lobi Crystals in addition to the other prizes you get with every Ferengi Lock Box you open."

"You will always get Lobi Crystals"
Simple, and true in the current system.

"in addition to the other prizes"
This implies that Crystals are "Prizes" too but...

"other prizes you get with every Ferengi Lock Box you open."
Implies you will always get another prize with every box you open. Which isn't true in the current system.

It also doesn't add up to the expected and ADVERTISED value of 160cp per box if you get lobi crystals only in a fairly large portion of boxes. If it was intended to get a prize AND crystals the value looks a lot closer to where it should be.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
04-14-2012, 11:33 AM
I've opened so far 4 green ferengi lock boxes with master keys that cost 1.2M on exhange.

So far I got:

1) 1 Lobi Crystal + Deflector/Armor pack
2) 1 Lobi Crystal
3) 2 Lobi Crystals
4) 1 Lobi Crystal

...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
04-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greedj
I've opened so far 4 green ferengi lock boxes with master keys that cost 1.2M on exhange.

So far I got:

1) 1 Lobi Crystal + Deflector/Armor pack
2) 1 Lobi Crystal
3) 2 Lobi Crystals
4) 1 Lobi Crystal

...
So much for the 160cp value per box eh? They must value the ship and cross-faction consoles at 200,000cp

You've gotten 1/30th of a skirt worth maybe 200cp, and a deflector/armor pack worth 0 (Or if you want to get technical, a chance at a XI purp equiv 32k dil @ 281/cp. A little over 100cp if you're lucky)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
04-14-2012, 10:14 PM
There is a lot I love about this game and the people who develop it, but the lock-box pricing/reward structure seems predatory and abusive. I was excited when I heard about the additional content in the lock-boxes. All I want is to feel that I will receive value for my purchase even if I don't win the "golden ticket" i.e. the featured ship. It's as if Charlie unwrapped a Wonka bar to discover that not only had he not won, but he would have to purchase at least another 100 bars in order to redeem the wrappers for actual chocolate. The lock-boxes are largely empty wrappers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
04-14-2012, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelflag View Post
This reminds me of the Rules of Acquisition numbers 1, 10, and 239.

1) Once you have their money, you never give it back.
10) Greed is eternal.
239) Never be afraid to mislabel a product.
Well said. They've gone full Ferengi on us.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:25 AM.