Lt. Commander
# 21
04-12-2012, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
1) its random. so far i have seen 1, 5 and 10 - this is for normal boxes. not seen a gold yet to be sure what they give.

2) cosmetics cost like 50-200 i think.
BWAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, thats vile

If you're out of luck you pay the same for a jacket or skirt as you do for a flagship bundle?
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-12-2012, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
lets say on avarage you get 2 per box... you'll need 300 boxes for the space set.. 4 per 5 boxes x 300 = 240 = da ***...

still on the bright side... ferengi ship in the first box

pm if ya wanna see the bridge :d
I want to see the bridge but I'm not on a computer with STO ATM, you should take pics
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-12-2012, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barihawk View Post
Well, this IS a Ferengi store.
AND a cryptic Store
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-12-2012, 08:08 AM
Let me be quite clear...

Laying aside for the moment other problems with the new lockboxes...

There NEVER should have been a remote possibility of dropping single crystals. Or even two at a time. Given the prices I'm hearing about, they should have been in multiples of 5, minimum.

Then, at least, players would have been guaranteed to get something they wanted out of the Lobi store buying 40 master keys at most. (Which is still too much, in my opinion).

This is a microtransaction (crystals) within a microtransaction (c-points) which is already not optimal. But it would have worked if you, Cryptic, weren't so freaking stingy with the crystals. What nimrod fixed the pricing that high and the drops so low?

Maybe Cryptic can find rich players foolish enough to blow hundreds of dollars on lockboxes. Good luck with that as a long-term business strategy.

About the only thing I can think of that would redeem this fiasco is if players can get Lobi crystals outside of lockboxes. GPL or even straight C-Store purchases. But you'd better make sure the exchange rate is worth it.

Even Ferengi understand setting prices that make the customer feel like they're getting a bargain.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-12-2012, 08:13 AM
Welcome to a Perfect World lottery. Where even the lottery is a grind.

If you guys are smart, you'll refuse to buy or use any master keys. Buying master keys only encourages PWE / Cryptic to continue releasing bad things like this.

Honestly, I would've expected you to learn after the Dominion box. The Cardassian box was even worse, and now this. What did you guys expect, when people are spending hundreds and thousands on the chance to win something? At this point, I don't even blame Cryptic. They're only doing it because it's successful, and because players keep saying "give me more" whether you realize it or not.

What's disappointing to me is that the only skirts the KDF have at the moment require lockbox purchase. We've been asking for new stuff for years, and when they finally give it to us, it's on the Cstore or in a lockbox.

Thanks cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-12-2012, 08:16 AM
Prices that high indicate that there are -some- people who -do- spend a lot on boxes. I have no problem with that. If there are 5-10 people who give -any- amount of real cash to get Ferengi ships and KDF skirts, I'm grateful for them funding a game I play for free.

Thanks Trek fans, thanks Cryptic!

//no sarcasm intended -(maybe only a tiny bit)//
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-12-2012, 08:16 AM
Goodness, please forgive me when I say, I hope you just experienced the worst luck because those lobi prices are even more ridiculous than the ship drop rate.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-12-2012, 08:37 AM
400 dollars for a ferengi shuttle? Over a grand if I want to get the whole set? Cryptic, this is the line. At least with the galor I could spend ~80 bucks on keys and sell them and get the ship, but at this point the ship is literally the cheap thing compared to even the universal console. For shame.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-12-2012, 08:46 AM
Yeah, the prices are too high, considering we only get a max of 20 crystals if your lucky...
There should have been another way of getting crystals, say via a DOFF mission maybe? Or maybe mining it somewhere?
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-12-2012, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-Gazer
Yeah, the prices are too high, considering we only get a max of 20 crystals if your lucky...
There should have been another way of getting crystals, say via a DOFF mission maybe? Or maybe mining it somewhere?
^^ another mining map plox... then the new stuff can stay