Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
04-13-2012, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar_99 View Post
Any news on if other people can access the mission?
No, have not been able to test it, actually, because I think there is a cooldown bug with the item. Instead of creating a new thread, hopefully Heretic keeps an eye on this one:

1) Item cooldowns (like the Aszure II or Dilith Tribble) have always seemed wonky to me. Since it's so pervasive in the game I assume it's intentional, but the cooldowns don't seem to tick unless you are in the appropriate mode (i.e. the Dilith tribble only ticks down if you are on the ground, it freezes if you go to space until you go back down to ground where it continues).

2) However, although I've never paid enough attention to test the actual numbers, it seems to fully reset after a certain amount of time logged out.

3) The new comm does not do that. 28 hours after initiating it, I still had like a 6 minute cool-down when I logged in this morning left out of the 2 hours. I was logged out for a full six hours last evening, and eight hours overnight.

Now I finally tested it today - and you cannot get the mission if you already have it going (as expected), so the cooldown at all seems redundant, unless others can also access it. Unfortunately, I have not been able to test that out yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padonk
Not many people will be able to test it since the set alone will eat 600 lobi crystals, plus the D'Kora.

It seems there are 2.2 lobi crystals per Master key on average.

Good luck!
You cannot trust any of the numbers that are being thrown around. People are simply making up numbers at this point based on very small data sets.

Now, I can't say my info is any more definite, but in opening about 100 of the boxes, I found it more like 6 or 7 average. The 30 pops up decently often (though I can't say the same for the 50, I don't believe I saw 50, but it is possible I got one - I was clicking through quite often and looking at the total number, not each individual one). However, 30 popped up frequently enough that I did notice it.

Basically, opening about 100 boxes (a decent sample size) I ended up with about 650 crystals. I think the rate is higher than people think. I'm not going to say my numbers are definitive, but out of what I have opened, it seems more like 6-7 average per box (though boxes that have other items as well will skew lower, I am sure).
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-13-2012, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnagroJaneway
Basically, opening about 100 boxes (a decent sample size) I ended up with about 650 crystals. I think the rate is higher than people think. I'm not going to say my numbers are definitive, but out of what I have opened, it seems more like 6-7 average per box (though boxes that have other items as well will skew lower, I am sure).
His figures on crystals/box were incorrect, but he was correct that very few people will actually get together the set. Using your figures, that's over $100 for a 3-item set.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-13-2012, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty
His figures on crystals/box were incorrect, but he was correct that very few people will actually get together the set. Using your figures, that's over $100 for a 3-item set.
Yeah, but I also got a ship, and tons of the other items. It's not like all I got was the crystals.

There is just so much hyperbole around this issue. There are so many ways to get keys. You can purchase for EC on the exchange (which you can earn a bajillion ways), you can trade dilithium to get C-points (Dilith is actually pretty easy to get, it's the darn 8K/day refine cap that keeps that one down), or you can buy them with cash.

I may not particularly like the system as it is, but it can be worked with.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-17-2012, 11:54 PM
It is confirmed, Friends in High Places ONLY works for the individual who calls the privateer. I had 2 other friends test it when I called it. Whether that is intentional or not is yet to be determined.

If it is intentional then that means it is a mission 99+% of the people playing will most likely never get to do. If they are going to start putting in exclusive content like that I think that Aenigma and the Captain's Table need some love with Special missions too (at least those would be able to be experienced by more people).
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-18-2012, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar_99 View Post
It is confirmed, Friends in High Places ONLY works for the individual who calls the privateer. I had 2 other friends test it when I called it. Whether that is intentional or not is yet to be determined.

If it is intentional then that means it is a mission 99+% of the people playing will most likely never get to do. If they are going to start putting in exclusive content like that I think that Aenigma and the Captain's Table need some love with Special missions too (at least those would be able to be experienced by more people).
I like and agree with this one.. Giving them Exclusive DOFF missions would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-18-2012, 11:57 AM
It is intentional.

As far as the Captain's Table, I've been wanting to do something exclusive for that as well for a while now.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-18-2012, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
It is intentional.

As far as the Captain's Table, I've been wanting to do something exclusive for that as well for a while now.
I think that it would be the most appropriate place to get things that are "out of time".
Maybe have a GPL store there that has items from eras throughout history and possibly a few things from the future too. Costume unlocks, pets (*cough* Beagle *cough*), and maybe the chance to get some time-traveling duty officers.

Although this all has probably already crossed your mind.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-18-2012, 12:17 PM
To make this set a bit more relevant, the Friends in High Places power should work from a ferengi shuttlepod too.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-18-2012, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six-of-Nine
To make this set a bit more relevant, the Friends in High Places power should work from a ferengi shuttlepod too.
As nice as that would be, the shuttle only has two forward weapon slots, so it'd be impossible to slot the full set on the ship. :| Silly mines...

Honestly, why isn't the shuttle designed to be able to slot the set? That really would make sense.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionfone View Post
As nice as that would be, the shuttle only has two forward weapon slots, so it'd be impossible to slot the full set on the ship. :| Silly mines...

Honestly, why isn't the shuttle designed to be able to slot the set? That really would make sense.
You can't put mines in the front? I've honestly never tried