Lt. Commander
Well it seems that Cryptic needs a few pointers in Basic Marketing.
I consider i have a litle experience in it as i have been in the bizz 20 years and to go along with that im a hobby gamer.
Lesson one. Listen to your customers. Supply what they demand.
From a bit of research, in this case just talking to Players, a couple of things came up time and time again.
1. Skill respecs. Skill Respecs are an important part of a gamers day to day game experience, changing skills (from updates, changes for balance or nerfs) and situations require them to have acces to them.
To most players the current 400C point price is well rediculous and few actually purchase them. Who is to blame them? 400 points even on dilithium exchange is what close to 100k dili? and Real money wise??
Most didnt mind actually paying for them but laughed at current price so..
How many would Buy Respecs at 100C points? i would guess LOTS and frequently. Result? more respecs used more C points tuning over a happier customer base. I see that as a win, Win situation.
2. Trait Respecs. Many players have Characters they created either early in games history or for lack of experience gave them unsuitable traits. Many have asked for this service and yet in over 2 years you have not provided it. Here is a viable Market for you and yet you fail to act on it why?
For now this is all you get free from me. I do suggest you get your Marketing people into the game and talk to their customer base, its basic Marketing...
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-12-2012, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc_Booty
Well it seems that Cryptic needs a few pointers in Basic Marketing.
I consider i have a litle experience in it as i have been in the bizz 20 years and to go along with that im a hobby gamer.
Lesson one. Listen to your customers. Supply what they demand.
From a bit of research, in this case just talking to Players, a couple of things came up time and time again.
1. Skill respecs. Skill Respecs are an important part of a gamers day to day game experience, changing skills (from updates, changes for balance or nerfs) and situations require them to have acces to them.
To most players the current 400C point price is well rediculous and few actually purchase them. Who is to blame them? 400 points even on dilithium exchange is what close to 100k dili? and Real money wise??
Most didnt mind actually paying for them but laughed at current price so..
How many would Buy Respecs at 100C points? i would guess LOTS and frequently. Result? more respecs used more C points tuning over a happier customer base. I see that as a win, Win situation.
2. Trait Respecs. Many players have Characters they created either early in games history or for lack of experience gave them unsuitable traits. Many have asked for this service and yet in over 2 years you have not provided it. Here is a viable Market for you and yet you fail to act on it why?
For now this is all you get free from me. I do suggest you get your Marketing people into the game and talk to their customer base, its basic Marketing...
They won't do it because they seemingly only do what they want to do.

Notice first and foremost that their marketing Teams do not Poll or survey the player base or even provide questionnaires when you log into the game.

Their marketing Team either is very terrible at their job or more simply, they base their marketing on other games without consideration to this particular community.

I wish I was on their marketing team! As a Star Trek fan and as a hobby gamer myself, I know what kind of questions to ask (those asked daily here) and how to survey the players (actually do it).
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-12-2012, 08:59 AM
This should probably be in the feedback section. -points-

Ten Forward is the troll zoo. You can tell because I'm here. :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-12-2012, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort View Post

and it was moved from their to here, for a reason...

Read into it what you want
Lt. Commander
# 5
The mods moved it here (Ten Forward). DO YOU DARE CONTEST THEIR WISDOM!?
Lt. Commander
# 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort View Post

Whats the use... In regards to theese things... Cryptic appearently never reads the posts related, because we all know that feedback is important to them... and if they had read feedback from us, the game wouldn be like it is now.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-12-2012, 09:39 AM
O_O
I'm blind, I still don't know where it was moved from. There's usually a pointy thing....