Lt. Commander
So in the military aren't you issued a 1 main weapons (m16) and a side arm (M9)? Considering M.A.C.O. (Military Assault Command Operations) is Star Trek's "space Marines" and in STO there's MACO, Omega Force, and Klingon Honor Guard, The military branches specially designed for the Borg. So shouldn't these sets have a side arm? I propose that each set gets one and there secondary attack does the opposite of the the main weapon does.

M.A.C.O: a phaser wide beam pistol: it exposes when the sniper exploits

Omega Force: antiproton compression pistol, expolits while full autocarbine or as i call it (SMG) exposes

Klingon Honor Guard: don't know what to call it, maybe disruptor kinetic pistol. Basically a pistol size of the TR-116. primary attack disruptor bolt. Secondary attack would fire a physical bullet.

Now what makes these hand guns so special and more likely for me to pick over a more powerful full Weapon that could do the same job?
The fact that these weapons use negative frequencies and the set piece special ability that the 4 pieces together give to "Auto-Remodulate" the weapon not being in use.

My BS Star Trek explanation as to why a person can have 2 of the same weapons types like phaser is because one is charged/firing at a positive frequency when the other is charged/ firing at a negative frequency there for creating the likeness of two different weapon types to Borg adaptations program/circutry

The way to earn this would be the same as you earn any other equipment. As for MK12 you would get damage prototype weapon tech, can be earned in any ground STF but the drop rate would be reduced to a third of what is now for the the other proto techs to keep it balanced since you have 3 ways to earn it unlike the other 3 where you can only earn playing one specific mission.

if anyone has a way to better this idwea i'd love to hear it
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-16-2012, 02:04 AM
For my fed character I currently use the full MACO set with the Omega sub machine gun as a secondary. (Maco is long range while omega is CQC)

That should give us a 4 piece bonus.

And for the Klingons, I think secondary should be a bat-leth or mek-leth (more appropriate)

I like the idea of a secondary pistol since right now no one uses them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-16-2012, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlross
And for the Klingons, I think secondary should be a bat-leth or mek-leth (more appropriate)

I like the idea of a secondary pistol since right now no one uses them.
I would love the mek'leth but i've given up on geting new melee weapons. I'd personally would like to see klingon dual swords.

But for now i usually rock the shotty/sniper combo or dual shottys