Lt. Commander
# 101
04-13-2012, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
next week you are getting a level 51 shuttle 5 man mission.

On top of that Season 6 is under heavy development which will bring a new Defera like ground invasion, several new 5 man events, new 20 man Fleet events that take place at your starbase, along with starbase construction missions, the start of the PVP overhaul, new Foundry content and anything else like tonight's episode that someone on the team wants to spend their own after hours time making.

So while I can understand the frustration of the last year, since we launched F2P, it has been a lot more content and a lot more on the way.
Unless you are a casual player who can't reliably get more than 1 or 2 people to do things with, then you aren't going to get the content cause that type of play isn't wanted anymore?
Lt. Commander
# 102
04-13-2012, 09:06 AM
"Star Trek: Online" is a fantastic game. Since I had enjoyed myself, I ended up playing two full characters and buying tons of c-points.

Here is where it gets sticky... Once you hit the level 50 cap, complete all the episodes, and obtain at least the recruiter MACO and Omega gear, the game gives you no reason to keep on going. Even though the elite level gear looks neat, the process to obtain them is boring. Grinding Borg salvage and dilithium is a nuance experience, which leaves you feeling mentally drained. Ironically, the elite gear is also sooooo rare that its next to impossible to obtain; thus, the rewards for grinding after the level of 50 is ridiculous insufficient

This is what I don't get... If its sooooo important for people to buy the VA ships, why are consumers buying them without any meaningful reason for needing them?

If the new direction of Cryptic/Perfect World is to: release temporary locations, make STFs slower, reduce the reward system, create quick money grab schemes, overcharge on digital items, not expand beyond level fifty, not fleshing out more than one faction, weaken already sold ships to accommodate new ones, and... to release cheesy dialogue and voice acting missions, the end result will be a disastrous end to what started out as an awesome gaming experience.

Approximately three days ago, I ended up buying an Odyssey Science vessel. Outside of grinding out more Borg salvage, what the heck am I suppose to do with a 2,000 C-point ($25 USD) digital ship? Since I have already hit level fifty and completed the missions, what other substantial reasons are there for me to have this new vessel? There are none.
Lt. Commander
# 103
04-13-2012, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
In defense of the kind soul who spent their own personal time making this mission quite some time ago but was asked if they would hold of publishing it so we use it for a fun little Friday the 13th event - that person doesn't deserve the crap laid on them by this thread.

Since F2P launched we have seen one of the most intense 5 week Feature Episode series, a new fully produced KDF episode, a remade KDF Fleet Action, an updated FED/KDF Fleet Action, a Star Trek themed Holiday accompanied by a sale, entirely new worldwide missions on Defera, a fun little friday the 13th episode, and next week you are getting a level 51 shuttle 5 man mission.

On top of that Season 6 is under heavy development which will bring a new Defera like ground invasion, several new 5 man events, new 20 man Fleet events that take place at your starbase, along with starbase construction missions, the start of the PVP overhaul, new Foundry content and anything else like tonight's episode that someone on the team wants to spend their own after hours time making.

So while I can understand the frustration of the last year, since we launched F2P, it has been a lot more content and a lot more on the way.

I can appreciate skepticism, but the hate dumped on an employee who made something fun for everyone to do on Friday the 13th is a bit much.

p.s. lock boxes and rewards in them don't take "mission" resources - they take systems and costume resources (some of which can even be outsourced). Software and Content teams are doing nothing but making new game features and mission content every day = i.e. Season 6
Oh stop with your crazy logic. Logic has no place in feedback on a Star Trek game, it seems.

If you eliminated the complaints based on misinformation, the size of these boards would be reduced by 75%.

Keep up the good work, the amount of effort and the speed at which so much of it happens is far and beyond any MMO I've ever played. Those of us that know that generally are having so much fun playing because there is so much to do we don't post as often as we should, to balance out some of the people who only seem to play Forum Trek : The Wrath of the Perpetually Disgruntled MMO Player.
Lt. Commander
# 104
04-13-2012, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSpot
Unless you are a casual player who can't reliably get more than 1 or 2 people to do things with, then you aren't going to get the content cause that type of play isn't wanted anymore?
You serious?
Lt. Commander
# 105
04-13-2012, 09:17 AM
Funny little mission. I have to say I liked it
Lt. Commander
# 106
04-13-2012, 09:31 AM
Am I the only person who wasn't disappointed?

I went in expecting nothing, came out with nothing, got back to my homework. :p.
Lt. Commander
# 107
04-13-2012, 09:36 AM
I'm sorry, but that was very disappointing.

It should have been given more development time to do it justice. I can imagine a lot of foundry authors reeling over this one.
Lt. Commander
# 108
04-13-2012, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnagroJaneway
Oh stop with your crazy logic. Logic has no place in feedback on a Star Trek game, it seems.

If you eliminated the complaints based on misinformation, the size of these boards would be reduced by 75%.

Keep up the good work, the amount of effort and the speed at which so much of it happens is far and beyond any MMO I've ever played. Those of us that know that generally are having so much fun playing because there is so much to do we don't post as often as we should, to balance out some of the people who only seem to play Forum Trek : The Wrath of the Perpetually Disgruntled MMO Player.
Yeah, I often wonder why people are so mad on these forums. At the very least, I've played enough MMOs to know how they work. Most MMO's that are F2P, add a major content patch every 5-10 months, this will usually (not always) include a neat system (e.g. doff system) and a new endgame raid accompanied by gear -- perhaps even a level cap increase. They also very rarely add little stuff in between. That is *far* less than Cryptic adds to STO.

It saddens me at how rude some people are to the devs, people need to learn to be civil. I feel kind of bad, for whoever developed this mission. It was completely free, it gave us a cool unique doff, and a melee weapon. It didn't hurt anyone... at all. It didn't cost anyone anything. It was just a nice little thing they thought they'd add.

I'm not saying Cryptic is perfect, but people need to learn to just chill. I for one, would like to say thank you, to whichever employee made that mission. I enjoyed being able to just hop in and play a fun little mission and then get back to life.
Lt. Commander
# 109
04-13-2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriusDecimus
Yeah, I often wonder why people are so mad on these forums. At the very least, I've played enough MMOs to know how they work. Most MMO's that are F2P, add a major content patch every 5-10 months, this will usually (not always) include a neat system (e.g. doff system) and a new endgame raid accompanied by gear -- perhaps even a level cap increase. They also very rarely add little stuff in between. That is *far* less than Cryptic adds to STO.

It saddens me at how rude some people are to the devs, people need to learn to be civil. I feel kind of bad, for whoever developed this mission. It was completely free, it gave us a cool unique doff, and a melee weapon. It didn't hurt anyone... at all. It didn't cost anyone anything. It was just a nice little thing they thought they'd add.

I'm not saying Cryptic is perfect, but people need to learn to just chill. I for one, would like to say thank you, to whichever employee made that mission. I enjoyed being able to just hop in and play a fun little mission and then get back to life.
This.

The way so many people freak out over a video game is just sad. If you don't like it, don't pay for it! Simple as that.
Lt. Commander
# 110
04-13-2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsycoticVulcan
This.

The way so many people freak out over a video game is just sad. If you don't like it, don't pay for it! Simple as that.
The irony being they don't even have to pay for this mission in anyway makes the complaining even more silly