Lt. Commander
# 271
04-18-2012, 10:59 PM
After Seeing the update to systems list, i now withdraw my point that systems engineers are ignoring important things.

For this i appologize for my earlier remarks to that nature.

Mr. Randall, if you can forgive those remarks and let the whole systems team know i honestly meant no disrespect.

Thank you.

I'll give these changes a chance as it also appears the 5 minute no death stack clear is now 3 min. so can't say goz doesn't listen to the community.
Lt. Commander
# 272
04-18-2012, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMerzan
Have you read the forums only a few people have asked to make it harder, a majority of the players will not agree with this, and wait till it hits tomarrow, you think players have complained before , this is gonna be a mess, oh well yall asked for it cryptic now people are realy gonna get snooty, and alot of peole i bet will be done with the stfs now.
erm i read the forums on a daily basis and between stf runs and I never stated it was just the forum users or just the ingame players asking to make it harder or not, it was a gen statement; and yes I know people complain hence why I said to leave the normal timers as is for those playing casualy with friends and fleeties. I's perfer if it was only implemented on elite for those that want the extra challange in the stfs and want to work as team to get through it, aswell as needing an option in space to revive players (i.e you ship gets disabled and your team has a time on before your core breaches to get you back in action to equal the cpr on ground)
Lt. Commander
# 273
04-19-2012, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredCasden
Those of us who play in PUGs appear to be getting the shaft with this update :p
pug groups will be next to impossible to win now.
Lt. Commander
# 274
04-19-2012, 06:18 AM
Players want it harder and Cryptic listens makes it a lot harder. Cryptic is going over do it on the difficulty they always do and then they will nerf this here and nerf that there making it easier. Then players will start crying again that they want it harder and that the game needs to penalize the stupid, well you can't fix stupid (Ron White) by penalizing them.

PUGs are still going to have that 1, 2, or even 3 people that doesn't listen, runs off and gets themselves killed over and over again. Even if the respawn timer increases each time, that will not matter to a lot of people. Example: "Ah 2 minute cooldown, ok brb smoke." People are not going to sit around an look at a 2 minute cooldown they will either 1 leave the STF or 2 go AFK and not get back in 2 minutes, I guarantee you this is going to happen a lot.

Then the experienced STFers will start STFing only with other experienced STFers. This is already happening and now days if you PUG thru the PvE queue you better be ready to either 1 not being able to finish the STF or 2 take 2-3 hours to complete the STF.

There already is experienced STFers that only STF with other experienced STFers, but the difference is today those experienced STFers will occasionally PUG an STF and help newer STFers learn the STFs well this will start happen a lot less often.

I like the STFs to be harder, but not by penalizing players with a longer respawn. Longer respawn just means that the person that is still alive will have to wait a little longer for their reinforcements to get back to them and in turn more likely to die which will make the STF last longer and will make people mad, and just leave the STF. So basically when the respawn timers start getting up to two minutes groups will start breaking up.

I would like STFs to be harder, but penalizing players thru a respawn timer is not the way to do it. I guess I just won't be PUGging it that much anymore.

I'll say it again you can't fix stupid (Ron White) by penalizing them.

p.s. I was just thinking about the Ground STFs, don't Space STF that much anymore, boring as ell (Reminds of the local fair ground hit a target when a prize mini games.) I feel sorry for the Space STFers, I think the ground STFers are getting shafted you space STFers are getting more then the shaft.
Lt. Commander
# 275 Why did we bother?
04-19-2012, 06:51 AM
So despite all the criticism over these changes they are now being uploaded in the patch today.

Why do we bother?

I think from now on I will just play and keep my mouth shut, when I've had enough I'll go somewhere else, it's not worth the effort as they don't listen it seems.
Lt. Commander
# 276
04-19-2012, 06:53 AM
Bottom line is we already have to burn components when we die.

Why are we being punished further?

Simple Answer

Elitist Mentality
Lt. Commander
# 277
04-19-2012, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xth3xr34p3rx View Post
erm i read the forums on a daily basis and between stf runs and I never stated it was just the forum users or just the ingame players asking to make it harder or not, it was a gen statement; and yes I know people complain hence why I said to leave the normal timers as is for those playing casualy with friends and fleeties. I's perfer if it was only implemented on elite for those that want the extra challange in the stfs and want to work as team to get through it, aswell as needing an option in space to revive players (i.e you ship gets disabled and your team has a time on before your core breaches to get you back in action to equal the cpr on ground)
But it was a wrong general statement , and infact you stated it like it was asked by the majority, of the players, and if you ready read the whole of the forums you know this is far from what the majority of the players would want, and they are pleanty of casual players who play elite and they wont want it eather, so dont make such general statements like this is what the people wanted, when in truth only a few have asked for such,
Lt. Commander
# 278
04-19-2012, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMerzan
But it was a wrong general statement , and infact you stated it like it was asked by the majority, of the players, and if you ready read the whole of the forums you know this is far from what the majority of the players would want, and they are pleanty of casual players who play elite and they wont want it eather, so dont make such general statements like this is what the people wanted, when in truth only a few have asked for such,
Look, all it was, was an answer to someones post, and im not answering for all people, if you want to take this further then talk to me direct in pm's cause I'm not continuing further arguing via the thread about how I said it or how I shoulda said it, all I write is of my optinions and if you want to be happy then tell them you want 3 levels of STFs:
  • Elite - have it with the times and drop both rare and proto tech
  • Advanced - Elite level stf's without the timers but only droping common and rare tech
  • Normal - no timers, common tech
Lt. Commander
# 279
04-19-2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xth3xr34p3rx View Post
  • Elite - have it with the times and drop both rare and proto tech
  • Advanced - Elite level stf's without the timers but only droping common and rare tech
  • Normal - no timers, common tech
I like this idea, but it's not going to fix the problem of newer STFers doing the Elite STFs because they want the proto tech. People need to do the Normal STFs for a while until they understand them better, but people are not doing this.

The other night I was doing one of the Elite STFs and one of PUGs said "This is my first STF so tell me what I need to do". I kept my mouth shut, but wanted to say go back down to the Normal STFs for little while, but I'm a nice guy and said "follow us and do what we do, target what we target."

They need to come up with a new system.

1.) Normal - No timers - Common Tech (10% chance at Rare Tech)
  • (Need to complete 100 STFs (100 space and 100 ground) before you can move up to Advanced.)
2.) Advanced (Currently Elite) - Timers - Rare Tech (10% chance at Proto Tech)
  • (Need to complete 100 STFs (100 space and 100 ground) before you can move up to Elite.)
3.) Elite - Shorter Timers - Proto Tech (10% chance of dropping 2 Proto Tech)
Lt. Commander
# 280
04-19-2012, 08:28 AM
I've skimmed over the last few pages of this thread so please excuse me if this has already been answered.

What happens if the respawn timer is still in effect when the game is completed? Will players be able to respawn instantly upon completion to collect loot or will they miss out if this timer over runs?

Either way I'm glad I got the accolades already.