Lt. Commander
I played for 176 STF ground and space, normal and elite.
I think it's really strange I never got loot getting MACO gear.
So what is it needed getting this such gear? So much people get this after 40 STF.
I'm asking about this because it seems frequency Remodulator doesn't work anymore. I have to use it for every borg. IT makes the gain really boring. Dev make the STF harder but not in the right way
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-10-2012, 12:23 AM
The Mk X set can be aquired for 20 Borg chips, the Mk XI for 40. Pr. Piece of cause... Would be horrible if you did not have to grind on an epic scale for it.

If we are talking about the MK XII... Well... good luck... I have more than 400 Elite STF runs behind me, with only a single Shield tech drop.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-10-2012, 06:53 AM
It's really just pure luck. I have a full Maco XII set, and had that before I had finished 150 runs, working on getting a full Omega XII set, but so far only have the Deflector, and nearing 300 runs now.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-10-2012, 08:13 AM
for me .. im a roleplayer, its annoying to grind... roleplayers get their "rank" in roleplay.. but we are not able to get honorguard just with roleplay.. so we need to leave our roleplayers mates only to grind for a visual component.. hell.... im not even grinding for dilithium.. i just buy the cpoints with cash ...

ive already given up getting honorguard gear.. because it costs me time that i could use having fun with ingame mates doing nice roleplay...

hopefully cryptic will make an option for roleplayers to get the honorguard armor without that big amount of grinding..

the game is mainly designed for roleplay ( character designer , doffs , bridge , hathon , risa ,emotes , biography text , captains log , and much more )

soo pls cryptic .. atleast put the honor guard set ( visual ) to the cpoint store ^^
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-12-2012, 09:36 PM
what have you been spending chips on?

if you have optionals you should be getting

save rare for weapons chips for set
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-12-2012, 09:57 PM
I have run enough now that I have bought the Omega XI ground set, special doffs, dilitium boxes, the Maco XI space set and all new mk XII weapons for all my slots......and all that time not one tech drop.