Lt. Commander
# 1 Am I the only one?
04-13-2012, 02:14 AM
I have realized today that I have 3 fed toons, one of each, along with 3 kdf toons, also one of each, and they all have nearly the same exact skills with very minor differiences.

The following skills are all maxed on all my toons:
Weapons Training, Energy Weapons, Projectile Weapons, Manuevers, Targeting Systems, Hull Repair, Structural Integrity, Shield Emitters, Shield Systems, Power Insulators.

These skills are at 6 or maxed on them as well:
Flow Capacitors, Warp Core Efficiency, Warp Core Potential, Shield Performance, Electro-Plasma Systems, Energy Weapon Specialization, Attack Patterns.

Then there are a few that are at 3/6/9 on all or some of them. But these skills have no points with any of my toons:
Stealth, Graviton Generators, Inertial Dampners, Countermeasures, Decompilers, and Subsystem Repair.

Simply put I cannot see any reason not to max out the first group as the low cost plus the universal bonuses they provide are great no matter what ship I fly. The last set are just too situational and expensive for my taste, especially with respecs being so expensive. It seems my choices when assigning skill points only come down to which skills I take to 9, and which are left at 3 or 6 aside from a few corner cases (sci toon has max batteries cause she always uses them, etc).

The skill system, for me atleast, no longer offers any real feeling of specialation or focus and doesn't add much, if anything, to the game for me anymore. I think a big part of that is the cost of a respec but I also think it has to do with how, boring, it is. What is everyone else's experience with it?