# 201
09-20-2009, 08:44 PM
sounds cool
Lt. Commander
# 202
09-21-2009, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatfingers View Post
1. Being a jack-of-all-trades implies not needing other characters -- a good generalist is capable of soloing most content. So MMORPG designers would only permit jack-of-all-trades characters if they want people soloing their game... and for whatever reason, that's not always the case.
Not at all. Soloing or grouping is a choice by the player, not the class. There is pretty much no MMO that forces your class to do one or the other.

For those who enjoy grouping, being a jack-of-all-trades means filling in the gap of whatever ability is needed in a group.

For me, I prefer a good blend of both grouping and soloing.
Lt. Commander
# 203
09-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
Not at all. Soloing or grouping is a choice by the player, not the class. There is pretty much no MMO that forces your class to do one or the other.

For those who enjoy grouping, being a jack-of-all-trades means filling in the gap of whatever ability is needed in a group.

For me, I prefer a good blend of both grouping and soloing.
tis the best way to go on an away mission, make sure you have the right people, otherwise its gonna be a fun fight!
Lt. Commander
I have a question related to the rankings. Does this mean our Bridge NPCs also start off at Lieutenants as well? Do their ranks rise with mine after missions completed an is it proportional experience gained meaning at some point we'll be Admirals by the time I reach the cap? Was just curious...
Lt. Commander
# 205
09-21-2009, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign.Ricky View Post
I have a question related to the rankings. Does this mean our Bridge NPCs also start off at Lieutenants as well? Do their ranks rise with mine after missions completed an is it proportional experience gained meaning at some point we'll be Admirals by the time I reach the cap? Was just curious...
thats a good question, i would think since you actually have your bridge crew rank up in the game that they would start out as a lieutenant and you would put points in places of there expertise to give them more abilities. and there will probably be a level cap for them, since you are there commanding officer.
Lt. Commander
# 206 rank
09-29-2009, 07:23 PM
I have seen that the bridge crew start out as ensigns and go to commander at max.

My question is how many branchs on the base of a skill tree are thier?
Lt. Commander
# 207
09-30-2009, 11:19 AM
will there be any insta pwn combinations for the ultimate char or will it be more of an skill of player
Lt. Commander
# 208
09-30-2009, 02:34 PM
Where is the Commodore rank? I specifically remember Star Trek having a Commodore rank.

I think more ranks would be a good thing. Maybe not more than 10 but more than 5 imo.

Also will there be medals in the game? I don't mean titles or perks. I mean something that can be on my uniform or something I can view or show someone. I want to pin a medal on my chest!
Lt. Commander
# 209
10-01-2009, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurrachi View Post
will there be any insta pwn combinations for the ultimate char or will it be more of an skill of player
I'd hope player skill plays a big part, i get irked when people buy their way to the top and don't really learn how to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T77
Where is the Commodore rank? I specifically remember Star Trek having a Commodore rank.

I think more ranks would be a good thing. Maybe not more than 10 but more than 5 imo.
Commodore is used for times of all-out war, which I doubt will be brought back.

Now that i think about it, on the idea of admiral being too high too soon, and how Cryptic deals with ranks...

How about don't. Leave each character as a lieutenant and use guilds/fleets to promote from within them, and the guild leader can be the admiral. The actual character progression can still be the skill pyramid, and amount of points invested = higher tiers.

Quote:
Also will there be medals in the game? I don't mean titles or perks. I mean something that can be on my uniform or something I can view or show someone. I want to pin a medal on my chest!
Oh I hope so. Medals and badges are cool to show where you've been and what you've done for your faction. I wouldn't be so thrilled about guilds having their own medal system though. Just their overall faction.
Lt. Commander
# 210 Questions (multiple)
10-01-2009, 09:44 AM
1. How much gameplay (estimated) is needed for the first rank promotion?

2. Am I correct in assuming that you can spend skill points as you earn them? So I won't have to wait until I have enough to get promoted?

3. If I am unhappy with the type of ship I am flying, can I reallocate points to fly the other classes of ships?

4. Do we have to worry about specing our character in such a way that they are totally allocated towards beam weapons and then to find that Borg are 100% immune to beam weapons?

5. Will we have any kind of skill comparison tool, to forcast how our captain might look if he/she/it were speced with different variations.

6. Will there be a simulator/holodeck where we can test how various skills will work for our captain (like CO)?