Lt. Commander
Hi I was doing a few assignments in one of the exploration clusters Hiromi I belive it's called?

An assigment finished. and I got the message two rerouted to x assignment. There is only a 45% chance of success and a medium chance of casualties. I don't want to do that assignment.

I can't abort because it grayed out. Any was of canceling it?

How did they reroute without asking me? It a geologist and a another scientst when that requires security and tactical to succeed
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-13-2012, 05:30 AM
Those 15 minute emergency supply missions in exploration sectors have this risk. You can't cancel it, but it doesn't count against your 20 either.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-13-2012, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Those 15 minute emergency supply missions in exploration sectors have this risk. You can't cancel it, but it doesn't count against your 20 either.
So everytime an emergency supply is done, they can reroute to another mission in that sector?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-13-2012, 05:35 AM
All trade missions have a chance of being ambushed... at least your getting a fighting chance
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-13-2012, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by missalbion
All trade missions have a chance of being ambushed... at least your getting a fighting chance

So my original trade mission was ambushed? These guys diverted to try and complete it?

It's and 8 hour mission, they diverted when there was still 7 hours left
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-13-2012, 06:07 AM
Had this happen to me once. It's a really neat feature and I hope Heretic expands on it.

Star clusters are frontier sectors - places of great danger. That juicy 15-minute mission has a risk of being ambushed by pirates which you have to take into consideration when assigning DOFFs.

I've taken to sending a blue tactical or security officer along for the ride - doesn't impact success chances too much, and gives them a chance of survival if ambushed. After all, a sensible captain wouldn't send an unarmed shuttle crew out in such dangerous space, loaded with goodies...
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-13-2012, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Ah, thanks for posting that!

I wondered why I never have gotten one (and I DOff a lot!). Guess I'll be trying some of those more. I used to do them when XPing, but haven't for quite awhile since I maxxed.

I also agree with the above poster - I'd love to see this expanded on.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-13-2012, 10:47 AM
I have a purple Nausicaan trader with aggressive I like to send on these missions. His answer to such diversion is 'RAAAAGH! KILL!' Poor raiders.

But yeah, once you know what to expect it's not hard to plan ahead. Makes aggressive traders useful for something since they are negative to most standard trading missions.