Lt. Commander
# 11
04-13-2012, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therunn
So I guess any "thief" class is going to be utterly useless since he won't be able to pick a lock on a chest. Being a high strength warrior type would be a joke too, since you could cause a critical crushing blow on a dragon skull, yet still not be able to smash open a wooden box.
Yup.

But the most powerful class of all will be the Paladin.

Oh wait ...

Lt. Commander
# 12
04-13-2012, 08:38 AM
I've seen some sony MMOs have them I've seen them on FreeRealms and on Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-13-2012, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
And today CO is getting their version of the dilithium store.

Yeah. There is such a huge difference between eastern and western F2P philosophies.
CO was a good game even with the bugs, now its been reduced to nothing more then a money sinkhole. im gutted about that.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-13-2012, 09:02 AM
Since Neverwinter is F2P, I suppose it will have lock boxes of some form. It's a very successful method. I heard that DCUO also lock boxes as drops with purchasable keys. I'd guess most F2P MMOs will go this route eventually. Mathematically speaking, it is the best way to ensure that ultra-rare items remain ultra-rare, while enticing the player base to spend a bit of money for it. I think it's ingenious, and with a feature like the dilithium conversion (which is currently pretty balanced) it's not too much of a problem to get a 10 pack a month with a single toon (much easier with a few toons).

Another side-benefit of it is that if one needs to make some quick EC, one can just by a master key and sell it on the exchange for 1-1.3 mil EC. On the other hand, the traders who have hundreds of millions of EC can just buy keys from the exchange without even using their dilithium. I see a lot of potential in this system.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-13-2012, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf-de-Lyon
Since Neverwinter is F2P, I suppose it will have lock boxes of some form. It's a very successful method. I heard that DCUO also lock boxes as drops with purchasable keys. I'd guess most F2P MMOs will go this route eventually. Mathematically speaking, it is the best way to ensure that ultra-rare items remain ultra-rare, while enticing the player base to spend a bit of money for it. I think it's ingenious, and with a feature like the dilithium conversion (which is currently pretty balanced) it's not too much of a problem to get a 10 pack a month with a single toon (much easier with a few toons).

Another side-benefit of it is that if one needs to make some quick EC, one can just by a master key and sell it on the exchange for 1-1.3 mil EC. On the other hand, the traders who have hundreds of millions of EC can just buy keys from the exchange without even using their dilithium. I see a lot of potential in this system.
until the courts have had enough of this cowboy tactic and shut it down, potential to exploit customers is one thing but abusing that for specific gain and they get no real reward from it is another, like making lockboxes drop ulra rares at 00.0001% and they say there is a "good" chance of getting a hard to get reward when really its a lie with the drop ratio so poor...

i just think lock boxes should be more varied on the items that come out instead of churning out rubbish at 99.999% of the time and the keys should come at random in random amounts no higher then 3 from drops and make them hard to get from loot drops with the addition of it being store purchasable and market buyable, but no where near expensive as a 10 pack of keys for 9 pounds... not all of us can spend such money on absurd priced stuff with a stacked ratio on items.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-13-2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
I have like totally no idea what you read when you read my post. :p
I had thought it implied a negative viewpoint

Sorry if I was mistaken.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-13-2012, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiserhawk View Post
I had thought it implied a negative viewpoint

Sorry if I was mistaken.
It wasn't per say.

I was just stating something obvious. Good or bad... Eh... It's playable either way to me.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-13-2012, 10:23 AM
If it has ... lock boxes.... I'll just play more Alan Wake.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-13-2012, 11:47 AM
i would say the chance is very high. may not be exactly what we have but it will be some form or another. maybe not at the start but eventually.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-13-2012, 11:56 AM
i wouldnt be surprised if the lock box came in right away, and it becomes permanent.