Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
04-14-2012, 09:30 AM
OPVP = chat channel "OrganizedPVP"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
04-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneywollam
Thanks for the help.

I'm a Science captain.
My levels are 70/70 Shields and Auxilliary, 35 Weapons, 25 Engines

Lt. Tactical: Target Sheilds Subsystems I and Beam Array: Fire at Will II
Ensign Tact: Target Engines Subsystems I
Cmdr Engineering: Emergency Power to Shields I, Reverse Shield Polarity I, Auxillary Power to the Structural Integrity Field II, Eject Warp Plasma II
Lt Cmdr Engineering: Emergency Power to Shields I, Emergency Power to Shields II, Reverse Shield Polarity II
Lt Science: Polarize Hull I, Transfer Shield Strength II

Since my post, I've got 3 Tricobolt devices, 2 Plasma devices, 2 Poloran devices, and a Phaser Array (I'm still cash poor to get all one of thing)

What's the OPvP channel?
are you sure you read the thread?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
04-14-2012, 06:46 PM
Yup.

Notice the power levels and the bridge officer skills. Just as the thread suggested. Still need help with ship/ my skills though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
04-14-2012, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneywollam
Yup.

Notice the power levels and the bridge officer skills. Just as the thread suggested. Still need help with ship/ my skills though.
Either you didn't read the thread or you didn't understand it.

A few questions before I go into build advice...

What captain class are you? (tactical, engineer, science)

What exact ship are you flying? (Assault Cruiser, Odyssey, etc...)

What role do you want to play in PvP in your cruiser? (pure damage, hybrid damage/support, pure heals)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
04-14-2012, 11:48 PM
I'm a Science captain.

I fly an assault cruiser.

PvP's a mix. I'll help if I notice someone is hurt, but otherwise, I'm firing my weapons off as fast as I can.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
04-15-2012, 12:02 AM
And here is my equipment:

Nuetrino Deflector Array Mk XI (+16 Sensor, Dampers, Insulators, +8.1 Integrity, Shield, Flow Cap)
Efficient Impulse Engine Mk VIIII (0 weapon power setting, 1.2 shield pwr setting, +2.5 aux pwr set)
Shield Array Mk XI (5350 max shield, 232/ 6 sec)
Consoles-
Engineering
Diburnium Hull Plating Mk X (+32 Phaser damage resistance, +32 Tetryon damage resistance)
Diburnium Hulll Plating Mk X (+32 Phaser damage resistance, +32 Disrupter damage resistance)
EPS Flow Regulator Mk XI (+70% Power Transfer rate)
Electrocyramic Hull Plating (+32 Plasma damage resistance, +32 Tetryon damage resistance)
Science
Shield Emitter Amplifier Mk XI (+12% Shield Regeneration rate)
Emitter Array Mk XI (+26 Starship Shield Emitters)

Tactical Consoles
Warhead Yield Chamber Mk XI (+18% Torpedo damage)
TCD Subspace Infuser Mk XI (+24% TriCobolt Torpedo damage)
Prefire Chamber Mk XI (+18% Energy damage)

Weapons
Fore
Poloran Cannon Mk XI (169 Poloran damage (226 DPS))
Plasma Torpedo Launcher Mk X [ACC]X2 (2196 Kinetic damage (258 DPS), 655 Plasma damage/ 10 sec)
Tetryon Beam Array Mk XI (230 Phaser damage (184 DPS))
TriCobolt Torpedo Launcher Mk XI (Lvl 55 device, 8811 Kinetic damage)
Aft
Plasma Torpedo Launcher Mk X [ACC]X2 (2196 Kinectic damage (258 DPS), 655 Plasma damage/ 10 sec)
Tricobolt Torpedo Launcher Mk XI [CrtH] [Dmg]X2 (level 55 device, 8811 Kinetic damage)
Tricobalt Mine Launcher Mk X [CrtH]X2 (level 50 mine, 16130 Kinetic damage)
Poloran Beam Array Mk XI (235 Poloran damage (188 DPS))
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
04-15-2012, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneywollam
And here is my equipment:

Nuetrino Deflector Array Mk XI (+16 Sensor, Dampers, Insulators, +8.1 Integrity, Shield, Flow Cap)
Efficient Impulse Engine Mk VIIII (0 weapon power setting, 1.2 shield pwr setting, +2.5 aux pwr set)
Shield Array Mk XI (5350 max shield, 232/ 6 sec)
Consoles-
Engineering
Diburnium Hull Plating Mk X (+32 Phaser damage resistance, +32 Tetryon damage resistance)
Diburnium Hulll Plating Mk X (+32 Phaser damage resistance, +32 Disrupter damage resistance)
EPS Flow Regulator Mk XI (+70% Power Transfer rate)
Electrocyramic Hull Plating (+32 Plasma damage resistance, +32 Tetryon damage resistance)
Science
Shield Emitter Amplifier Mk XI (+12% Shield Regeneration rate)
Emitter Array Mk XI (+26 Starship Shield Emitters)

Tactical Consoles
Warhead Yield Chamber Mk XI (+18% Torpedo damage)
TCD Subspace Infuser Mk XI (+24% TriCobolt Torpedo damage)
Prefire Chamber Mk XI (+18% Energy damage)

Weapons
Fore
Poloran Cannon Mk XI (169 Poloran damage (226 DPS))
Plasma Torpedo Launcher Mk X [ACC]X2 (2196 Kinetic damage (258 DPS), 655 Plasma damage/ 10 sec)
Tetryon Beam Array Mk XI (230 Phaser damage (184 DPS))
TriCobolt Torpedo Launcher Mk XI (Lvl 55 device, 8811 Kinetic damage)
Aft
Plasma Torpedo Launcher Mk X [ACC]X2 (2196 Kinectic damage (258 DPS), 655 Plasma damage/ 10 sec)
Tricobolt Torpedo Launcher Mk XI [CrtH] [Dmg]X2 (level 55 device, 8811 Kinetic damage)
Tricobalt Mine Launcher Mk X [CrtH]X2 (level 50 mine, 16130 Kinetic damage)
Poloran Beam Array Mk XI (235 Poloran damage (188 DPS))
Should list your Boff layout as well.

Not sure what you're looking to do, but Sci/Assult Cruiser seems like a tough thing to pull off well. What are you trying to get out of the ship in terms of playstyle that's fun for you? Just to check are you maxed rank?

In general you should focus on 1 weapon damage type and spend consoles on maxing its damage. Other then lolz really what you posted should never be used in PvP. You should upgrade your gear even if it's only to MkXI blues.

You don't seem to be using the Borg console, run the assimilation mission and get it. Check the exchange to see if you can upgrade your other consoles, you should be able to find improved gear w/o need much EC. Infact do this for all your gear. Check story mission rewards. For weapons you'll want to take note if it has accuracy bonuses or not. Look @ the FE sets. Look into STF grinding for higher end sets after you've boosted your gear. Can't be specific @ this point w/o knowing your prefered playstyle/boff layout.

Edit: I see in another post you've mentioned your boff layout. I'd ask what it is you're trying to do, for example you have a lot of torps and no torp boffs and you have cannons w/FaW (a beam ability).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
04-15-2012, 01:29 AM
The thread everyone keeps referring me to says not to train my bridge officers in anything torpedo. So, I changed it all to defensive stuff (like it suggested). As for as playing style, I just want to do the missions. I like PVe more than PVP (cause I keep getting my butt kicked). And I like the explorations.

I like the look of the Assault Cruiser. A lot of the ships are just too "macho" (like they belong to a Marine outfit) if you ask me.

I am a Vice Admiral (52). I haven't advanced in the missions far enough yet to get any kind of borg technology. What does FE stand for? If I could do everything TriCobalt that would be fantastic.

If anyone can help me identify what it is I'm supposed to be training in ship skills, that'd be great.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
04-15-2012, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneywollam
Thanks for the help.

I'm a Science captain.
My levels are 70/70 Shields and Auxilliary, 35 Weapons, 25 Engines

Lt. Tactical: Target Sheilds Subsystems I and Beam Array: Fire at Will II
Ensign Tact: Target Engines Subsystems I
Cmdr Engineering: Emergency Power to Shields I, Reverse Shield Polarity I, Auxillary Power to the Structural Integrity Field II, Eject Warp Plasma II
Lt Cmdr Engineering: Emergency Power to Shields I, Emergency Power to Shields II, Reverse Shield Polarity II
Lt Science: Polarize Hull I, Transfer Shield Strength II

Since my post, I've got 3 Tricobolt devices, 2 Plasma devices, 2 Poloran devices, and a Phaser Array (I'm still cash poor to get all one of thing)

What's the OPvP channel?
Just want to point out the most obvious fail in this build is that you have 3x Emergency Power to Shields and 2x Reverse Shield Polarity.
You can only ever chain 2x of the same Emergency Power to subsystem, it's just not going to work with 3 because the global cooldown is too long.
Having Reverse Shield Polarity twice... well I suppose that would work, it's just very selfish and it's not going to help you much anyway.
3x Tricobalt devices aren't going to work either, they have a 60 second cooldown and a 30 second global cooldown, so 2 max.

Your Boff and console layout seams to be a mess too.
It looks like you were trying to make a torpedo heavy build with your consoles and weapons, which I guess makes some sense in that you run low weapons power, yet I don't see a single torpedo Boff power?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
04-15-2012, 02:33 AM
The thread told me not to have a BOFF torpedo power.
Selfish? I don't understand.
What's this chaiining you are talking about?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:04 PM.