Lt. Commander
Hello everyone,
yesterday night i had an idea and it was unbind tokens.
What does it means?
Tokens, that you can use on bound (only used bind when equiped) items and unbind them, so you can sell it, or send it to your alt.
I think, that if one token will cost of 100 CP, and bundle of three 200CP, that would be nice profit for perfect world, nice new include to game.

Good idea / bad idea, nad why?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-14-2012, 07:05 AM
I kind of like it!
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-14-2012, 07:26 AM
BoE's i would say yes, however i would say no to Bind on Pickup type items getting the ability to do this.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-14-2012, 07:44 AM
Good idea, but I also think it should be on the R&D (Crafting) tree
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-14-2012, 09:07 AM
It's been mentioned before. Last dev chat in-game, they said that they're looking at something like this, but it would only unbind to your account, not for you to give to other people. So, you could unbind something unique to give to one of your other captains, but not to sell it on the Exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-14-2012, 09:23 AM
I said,
Quote:
(only used bind when equiped)

Quote:
It's been mentioned before. Last dev chat in-game, they said that they're looking at something like this, but it would only unbind to your account, not for you to give to other people. So, you could unbind something unique to give to one of your other captains, but not to sell it on the Exchange.
Well, even that would be great.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-14-2012, 10:21 AM
A c-store unbind would be a definite moneymaker for Cryptic even without any restrictions placed on it. Certainly a better incentive for players to invest in than those stupid lock box keys, since players know what they are paying for ahead of time. Sure things like bind on pickup mission rewards could be excluded since these are usually available to players anyway by simply playing through the mission again, but there are many items that virtually go to waste once the player moves on to better gear.
Lt. Commander
# 8 Unbind Items
04-15-2012, 11:06 AM
Sounds like a grand idea. I know they have that in Runes of Magic and it's very popular. They don't limit it the way you mention, either. Once you unbind an item you can sell it, trade it, whatever... as long as you don't equip it which will rebind it. The only caveat is that the unbind "spell" has a chance of failure. I haven't seen anyone exploiting this to create super-characters and don't really see how you COULD. It seems to me that any "exploitation" of this ability would, in the long run, pay off for Cryptic/PWE so don't understand why they want to limit the unbind ability.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-15-2012, 11:22 AM
I absolutely agree...

Been suggested in the past, said they would look at the possibilities, and that's about all that happens in that.