Lt. Commander
# 1 dissapearing dialogs
04-13-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm making a mission on foundry, and I have a concern. I know the dialog trigger for objective complete doesn't seem to work, but I have dialogues triggered to objects and markers. I notice though that they don't show up the first time I play the game after logging into the foundry, but they show up when I exit to the editor and load the game a second time. I haven't published anything with these triggers before, does this glitch go away when the mission is published or do people have to go in and out twice themselves (in which case I'd just change the mission)?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-14-2012, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepython View Post
I'm making a mission on foundry, and I have a concern. I know the dialog trigger for objective complete doesn't seem to work, but I have dialogues triggered to objects and markers. I notice though that they don't show up the first time I play the game after logging into the foundry, but they show up when I exit to the editor and load the game a second time. I haven't published anything with these triggers before, does this glitch go away when the mission is published or do people have to go in and out twice themselves (in which case I'd just change the mission)?
When you playtest your maps, immediately hit the reset map button. This should make all your popups work when testing. It's a hassle, but it's what we've had to do for many, many months.

The other stuff with the dialog triggers can be really wacky, especially if you have multiple triggers.

I hope that helps. You can get real time answers for your foundry questions here.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-14-2012, 10:03 AM
Yes, yes. I do know the play-testing part is a hassle. But what I was wondering is if the probem translates to the published version as well. There's no reset button for the published versions (though I wish there was, that should be another suggestion to cryptic)
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-14-2012, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepython View Post
Yes, yes. I do know the play-testing part is a hassle. But what I was wondering is if the probem translates to the published version as well. There's no reset button for the published versions (though I wish there was, that should be another suggestion to cryptic)
As far as I know, if it's working properly when playtesting after hitting reset, then it should work properly in the published version. The bug seems to only happen during testing, although some other dialogue bugs could show up in published missions. The bugs would show up after hitting reset when testing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-14-2012, 11:12 AM
OK, I'll just assume it's fine and see what happens.