Lt. Commander
Is it not possible to have ships warp in to a random location on social maps, such as Sol System, Deep Space Nine, or Starbase 37?

It looks really dumb to have all these starships warping in and piling up on top of each other as they do right now. Just have the warp in point random, that way you have ships warping in from different directions all the time.

Same thing goes for leaving, look at Deep Space Nine, when you beam up your ship spawns right above DS9, along with everyone else, so you have this big mass of ships hanging out there. Just make the spawn point random near the station to spread the ships out a little bit.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-15-2012, 07:46 AM
No one has any thoughts on this?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-15-2012, 07:56 AM
Yeah that is kind of silly the way it is now. Maybe it could be a programming issue that stops them from having random warp In points but it would be nice to see
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-15-2012, 02:54 PM
I would like more spawn points in social areas too.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPeacemaker
Is it not possible to have ships warp in to a random location on social maps, such as Sol System, Deep Space Nine, or Starbase 37?

It looks really dumb to have all these starships warping in and piling up on top of each other as they do right now. Just have the warp in point random, that way you have ships warping in from different directions all the time.

Same thing goes for leaving, look at Deep Space Nine, when you beam up your ship spawns right above DS9, along with everyone else, so you have this big mass of ships hanging out there. Just make the spawn point random near the station to spread the ships out a little bit.
so propose alternate locations rather than just leave it as a complaint.

those people that may want some feeling of realism may not like any other spawn point but above DS9 to make it appear as if you are "un-docking" with the space station....

also think about the programming within the computer on the starship...jump points are pre-configured with the small exception of being able to tell locations of starships within the jump point, thus the ability to alter arrival point by several yards off the bow of other ships...just a thought...
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-15-2012, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_James_of_Cadiz
those people that may want some feeling of realism may not like any other spawn point but above DS9 to make it appear as if you are "un-docking" with the space station....
There are three upper pylons.

There are three lower pylons.

There are at LEAST six docking ports around the habitat ring.

That's an additional eleven spawn points from current.

And (diclaimer) I don't know about programming, but can't the script that decides where to shift you when you beam in be modified to first select the least busy of those twelve zones, select that, then beam you in?

And don't get me started on Earth and Quo'nos. The directions to come in there could simply be a bubble around spacedock.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-16-2012, 02:50 AM
I know it's possibility, cause we have this at the academy. I beam down somewhere different there every time.

It's probably a programming issue and with all things programming timei s at a premium and won't likely get used to change a low priority issue that is at worst immersion breaking. If players would suddenly spawn inside the pylons things might be different...

Think of progamming time like Astrometric lab time that Riker had to assign to Commander Darren which she didn't even get any extra of when she started to sleep with the captain.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-16-2012, 02:57 AM
Use the same method as "random" spawn locations on SFA, and then have it be at the border of the map, rather than right in front of starbase...

No one in their right mind would drop out of warp that close I belive...
Lt. Commander
# 9 Yes Yes
04-16-2012, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Use the same method as "random" spawn locations on SFA, and then have it be at the border of the map, rather than right in front of starbase...

No one in their right mind would drop out of warp that close I belive...
Random warp ins would be great, as it stands its like a traffic jam....could you imagine if that actually happened?

We'd be having warp core breachin collisions left and right.....
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-16-2012, 04:31 AM
I've actually warped into Sol system before and been stuck between a group of ships unable to dock. The only way I was able to get out of it was beam down to SFA and then up to ESD.

Times like that I wish we could War Core Breech and set off a chain reaction to clear the "trash" a little bit.