Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
Its true, after playing a game that has entertained me so much for the last 3 years to the point that it would cause fights with my wife... I have to say goodbye. About a month ago we closed on our new home... good times. The place is great BUT, there is no good internet service. Sure I have sattetlite internet, now. But in no way am I able to play the game I love so much. I am actually heartbroken. It feels wierd putting that in here but lets face it, we all love Star Trek, and if it was somehow ripped out of your hands without warning I think this community would feel the same way I do. Some might even feel worse. I will however be keeping track of whats happening in game by the website and I will never for as long as I live delete the game from computer. So, with a heavy heart and relunctant hands to type this, so long STO. Thanks for the fun and all the sleep deprived nights. And the fights with my wife on what I care about more, her or STO, well, she is more important but you are a close as hell second.

Live Long And Prosper
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-22-2012, 08:59 AM
Sorry to hear that. (And Congrats! (?)) Hopefully someone is busy running a fiber line to your front door right now . . .
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-22-2012, 09:26 AM
I have a few friends in the same position- bad internet keeps them from playing this game and others online.

We can put a man on the moon but...
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-22-2012, 09:35 AM
I vote for letting this "I quit" post remain left, open and without infraction
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-22-2012, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Indeed.

For this guy is quitting for legitimate reasons (loss of internet).

It is sad, though...

SOMEBODY IMPROVE THIS MAN'S INTERNET ASAP!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-22-2012, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
/signed

Indeed this is not the "I QUIT " post, but a "Sorry, but 'The needs of the many (my family), outway the needs of the few (a game)".
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-22-2012, 11:31 AM
I've done computer work for customers with Satellite internet, the latency is truly a game killer. That means no BF3 or any other FPS either. My condolences...

/Signed on the no I quit lock/infraction.

I'm not sure of your situation, and I don't mean to sound like I am trying to advertise, but do you get VZW 4G service? (cable companies do not like to run cable on long roads with only like two houses on them, even if your area isn't so rural...)

You should be on the lookout for cellular broadband to become viable within the year or so, especially carriers providing LTE. Though I'm not sure if the lag would be any better.
http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/06/v...ion-broadband/

Except for the patching... I would imagine transferring game data while playing wouldn't eclipse a monthly bandwidth limit. You could always have a friend mail you a copy of the game directory rar'ed up on a DVD or two when a monstrous patch hits.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-22-2012, 12:14 PM
Dbs on the shield arrays, engines, DDishes, EC, dilithium and CPoints!

no i'm not a vulture

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislove View Post
playing a game that has entertained me so much for the last 3 years to the point that it would cause fights with my wife...
Thats a true Trekker/gamer. not leting nothing get between him and his game/Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislove View Post
Its true, after playing a game that has entertained me so much for the last 3 years to the point that it would cause fights with my wife... I have to say goodbye. About a month ago we closed on our new home... good times. The place is great BUT, there is no good internet service. Sure I have sattetlite internet, now. But in no way am I able to play the game I love so much. I am actually heartbroken. It feels wierd putting that in here but lets face it, we all love Star Trek, and if it was somehow ripped out of your hands without warning I think this community would feel the same way I do. Some might even feel worse. I will however be keeping track of whats happening in game by the website and I will never for as long as I live delete the game from computer. So, with a heavy heart and relunctant hands to type this, so long STO. Thanks for the fun and all the sleep deprived nights. And the fights with my wife on what I care about more, her or STO, well, she is more important but you are a close as hell second.

Live Long And Prosper
Don't give up. Technology is advancing everywhere in every way rapidly. Wherever you are you may well have broadband options available before you know it. If so we'll all look forward to your return!
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-22-2012, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Sorry to hear that. (And Congrats! (?)) Hopefully someone is busy running a fiber line to your front door right now . . .
Are I quit threads not against the forum rules?...Enforce them universally or don't enforce them at all....
Closed Thread