Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Commander
Twice now while running to stop the 'rex and particle collection I've run over the side to an area "below the map" and can't find a way out, end up having to abort the mission and missing the end reward.

Is there anything I can do? /stuck didn't help - /killme gave me the stuck menu.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
01-16-2014, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by realisticalty View Post
Is there anything I can do?
Hope the Devs fix this faster than the permanent "known issues" entries on every week's patch notes?

-shrug-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev Blog
While we are removing part of the game, we hope that this improves the overall quality of STO.
-facepalm-
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
01-16-2014, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by realisticalty View Post
Twice now while running to stop the 'rex and particle collection I've run over the side to an area "below the map" and can't find a way out, end up having to abort the mission and missing the end reward.

Is there anything I can do? /stuck didn't help - /killme gave me the stuck menu.
I dont suppose you have submitted a bug when you hit those spots (bug reports include your spacial coordinates when you submit them) so that this might get fixed?

Theoretically, Especially if you are in a group, you can beam up and back down and you will go to the zone you left, getting you out of the hole and back on track (and maybe even moving to a rex that needs defending over where you were heading)
Commander
# 4
01-16-2014, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castsbugc View Post
I dont suppose you have submitted a bug when you hit those spots (bug reports include your spacial coordinates when you submit them) so that this might get fixed?

Theoretically, Especially if you are in a group, you can beam up and back down and you will go to the zone you left, getting you out of the hole and back on track (and maybe even moving to a rex that needs defending over where you were heading)
I was hoping/assuming it was a known issue by the devs, and it was a generic algorhythm based fix rather than a position-by-position adjustment, but in any case I'll report it next time...was so preoccupied with the GM screen that /stuck gives you and thinking about how to get to the 'rex that it didn't cross my mind.

Still begs the question if there is anything I can do. Wasn't in a group, so beaming out and beaming back in takes me to a new instance, usually just starting out. First thing I tried.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
01-16-2014, 07:47 AM
it might very well be something other than a position by position issue, but it doesnt hurt to note it so the environment guys can look none the less.

Yeah as much as I hate to say it, you are pretty much SoL if /stuck doesnt get you out, unless you want to wait for a GM response when you file a stuck claim
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-17-2014, 10:03 AM
I've been bugging this issue on different maps (especially in star clusters) since BETA, and just bugged it again a week or two ago.

This is something that apparently isn't going to get fixed - ever.

As I've said elsewhere on this forum, whenever something goes wrong, is broken, or simply doesn't work due to laziness, bad code, poor design, using an improper engine for the game running on it, ineptitude or stupidity, the answer is pretty much the same:

"Why?"

"Because Cryptic."

Doubt this will ever get fixed.
Captain
# 7
01-17-2014, 12:49 PM
The /stuck command is useless. I got stuck tons of times and it never worked , i dont see the point to respawn you 0,00001 inchs away lol.

But as i remember, i think i read about something like this time ago in the forums. Bad the truth is, i dont really think cryptic is aware of it, and if they are, you now the story...