Lt. Commander
# 1 Warp Speed?
04-14-2012, 02:19 PM
I've read that Warp speed is possible within sector spae but all that I've ever been able to use is Impulse speed. the only time i thought Warp speed was used is when you jump to a system / sector block but having read that you can improve speed to your warp engines has me now wondering what the point of it is if the only time warp is used when it loads the system that your warping too?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-14-2012, 02:37 PM
as far as i know u cant use warp whil in a system, E.G esd orbit, there was a bug a while ago where you could use slip stream in a mission but was quickly rectified, but to what i know warp is restricted to warping to different planets/sectors,
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-14-2012, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_funky
as far as i know u cant use warp whil in a system, E.G esd orbit, there was a bug a while ago where you could use slip stream in a mission but was quickly rectified, but to what i know warp is restricted to warping to different planets/sectors,
Yup... that about sums it up:
  • When In sector space, Gamewise you fly at warp, and Transwarp abilities (for travel between specific social maps).
  • When in Sector system (mission/social maps) you can use Impulse and Full impulse, and Transwarp abilities (for travel between specific social maps).
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-14-2012, 02:50 PM
so basically, the throttle controls automatically become warp speed selector when in sector space and impulse speed selector when in a system?
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkaqua1974
so basically, the throttle controls automatically become warp speed selector when in sector space and impulse speed selector when in a system?
Yes.

You can emulate full impulse speed on sector space... only set ship on stop, and wait several hours.

Now without bad jokes, good luck and enjoy with STO

Thanks to everybody for the fun, sorry for my bad english.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-14-2012, 04:05 PM
thanks, having loads of fun with it and i'm learning so many things every day, not surprising since i've only been playing it for two weeks and i imagine the learning never really stops with this game

Actually, i'm dam right addicted, not sleeping anywhere near as muhc as i should be lol
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-14-2012, 05:40 PM
Hopefully sectorless space and proper warping is coming soon, its in their long term goals in the upcomming content wiki.