Lt. Commander
I've been having very inconsistent luck with Borg adaptation since April 12th's patch. My usual tactic for taking out a group of borg is to catch as many as I can in a pulsewave shotgun's secondary fire, then finish as many as I can before switching weapons. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't.

Since the patch, I've noticed my shotgun's energy type being adapted to in just that initial shot about 40% of the time. If my understanding is correct about how Borg adaptation works, is that it was changed a few patches ago so that adaptation works on a shot-by-shot basis rather than a hit-by-hit basis.

Even then, if I manage to line up three borg in the crosshairs of a High Density Beam rifle, I get one secondary fire and one primary fire before I'm adapted to.

It's not 100%, but the old adaptation system seems to have shown its ugly head again.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-14-2012, 05:01 PM
I thought I was the only one to feel this, I have been remodulating way more lately, and even with my Integral Frequency mod for my ground set, it still takes sometime to change
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-15-2012, 06:22 AM
as far as i know the adaption is bassed per shot, meaning a weapon with a high fire rate needs to be more remodulated as a single shot weapon like a sniper rifle.

thats why i never used weapons like miniguns because there useless if oyu have to remod every 5 seconds.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-15-2012, 07:21 AM
I've noticed that no matter what weapon I use, I have to re modulate after 3 or 4 shots at most.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-15-2012, 07:35 AM
Yeah, I noticed that I need to remodulate much faster than normal. It got a bit annoying in Infected ground...

It seems that they are adapting after less shots or whatnot than normal. The entire team noticed it as well.

-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-15-2012, 10:41 AM
Hit them with your fist (borg can not adapt to physical force thats Series FACT)
actually its time the Borg died out
they are a dead end race.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-15-2012, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila
Yeah, I noticed that I need to remodulate much faster than normal. It got a bit annoying in Infected ground...

It seems that they are adapting after less shots or whatnot than normal. The entire team noticed it as well.

-Quiiliitiila
noticed this as well, but i find it more challenging now with the difference. but thats just me i guess.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-15-2012, 06:33 PM
I`ve noticed on Deferia that The Borg are respawning in The Artifact areas alot quicker than they used to!
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-15-2012, 09:34 PM
I don't typically run ground missions but I always thought it worked like it does in the show.

THe Borg are linked, if one takes a hit they all know about it. the more you hit with an energy type the faster they're going to adapt.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-15-2012, 11:36 PM
I've also noticed an average of 4 shots per shotgun before remod is needed .