Lt. Commander
# 11 Dought it
04-14-2012, 09:48 PM
80% of all players are FED this means spliting 20% to a even smaller number. So I dought it very much.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-14-2012, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
80% of all players are FED this means spliting 20% to a even smaller number. So I dought it very much.

OK, hold on there. Just because more people aren't playing KDF...and that could have a lot to do with the fact that the faction isn't finished, and that players generally feel ignored KDF side...doesn't mean more people wouldn't play Romulan characters. There are a lot of players chomping at the bit to play Romulans. A LOT. If PW/Cryptic REALLY wants to make some serious dough they will roll out a Romulan faction ASAP.

I would also love to see services allowing players to change races. That way I could move a couple of my existing characters to the Romulan faction.

Make it so!

Lt. Commander
# 13
04-14-2012, 11:13 PM
I can see the argument that since most players are Federation, there is little financial incentive to develop the Klingons or a new Faction. However, most people play Federation for one reason: You can't roll a Klingon until you have a Fed character at level 25. Get rid of this restriction and you'll be surprised how many people play Klingon.
Another reason is because it's harder to RP Klingon races, but that's a whole different thread altogether.

Personally I think when it comes to races like Romulans, Kardassans, etc... Just have them "Join" the Federation or be "Conquered" by the Klingons and be done with it! Why not keep two factions but develop them completely and add new content for these two factions rather than spreading it out over three or four different factions?

IMHO Here's Cryptic's Salvation
1. Drop level restrictions on Klingon Character Creation for all players who have completed the initial tutorial on Federation side
2. Add tons of new cryptic store content for Klingon races (ships, costumes, etc.)
3. Focus foundry mission contests on Klingon missions until Cryptic can pump out more missions for the Klingon faction
4. Gradually add new races to each faction wherever it makes the most sense
5. Add one new mission for each faction each month along with any additional content/fixes
6. Finally, work toward the integration of a rewarding PvP system on par with other MMOs.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-15-2012, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo
Yes, they do have a calendar. Right on the home page.

And yes, he is wrong about it. There have been a lot of free addtions to the game that he didn't mention or talk down. And there will be more.

It really bugs me how just plain and simple unfair some people on these forums are towards the devs at Cryptic. And no, I am in no way associated with Cryptic other than enjoying their game, STO.
..... Yes he was right about it the free additions are crap and there will be more ummm your very optimistic
More grab bags yes more players leaving the game yes. the game going down the **** hole yes. And unfair to the devs are u joking u not see the way they constantly ignore the player base make **** choices to fix stuff that's is not broken and break 3 or 4 new things at one time then leave them broke then fix some thing else.
I think the blind leading the blind springs to mind here.
Content a lot of new content really ok lets think
1. A new kdf misson
2. A useless ship yard map
3. More **** from grab bags
4. Doff stuff and it was that gr8 I don't even no what it was.
5. Nerfing (stuff that they never need to)
6. O all most forgot a event for mining D what a stupid crap thing that is.
7. The ds9 FE let's face it we had been waiting what almost or more than a year for it.
So lets face it unless you want to get any new stuff from a grab bag and be bent over and shafted it's good.
But if u got eyes and can see for your self this game is turning in to a big down hill slide to its destruction
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-15-2012, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logix156 View Post
..... Yes he was right about it the free additions are crap and there will be more ummm your very optimistic [...]
I did not think the "The 2800" Feature Episides were "crap", most definitely they were not. Neither is Alpha, the new Klingon mission. Or the reworking of the older episodes.

I believe you guys ridiculously underestimate the amount of work required for making those things. Seriously. Your moaning is going in my nerves.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-15-2012, 12:57 AM
Quote:
I did not think the "The 2800" Feature Episides were "crap", most definitely they were not. Neither is Alpha, the new Klingon mission. Or the reworking of the older episodes.

I believe you guys ridiculously underestimate the amount of work required for making those things. Seriously. Your moaning is going in my nerves.
I did not say that the FE were crap the were very good. Reworking old misson really would u not not like new missons ? And if u can't see why people are so upset well I leave it at that.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-15-2012, 12:58 AM
Quote:
I did not say that the FE were crap[...]
Yes. You did.

Watch your typing fingers.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-15-2012, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Yes. You did.

Watch your typing fingers.
No i was Listing the so called new content and said we had to wait for over a year or more for it
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-15-2012, 01:01 AM
Quote:
No i was Listing the so called new content and said we had to wait for over a year or more for it
*facepalm*
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-15-2012, 01:03 AM
Quote:
*facepalm*
Ummm nice one