Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
04-15-2012, 04:58 AM
This thread is a doomsday party!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
04-15-2012, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo
And yes, he is wrong about it. There have been a lot of free addtions to the game that he didn't mention or talk down.
Oh really now? Oh, that's right! The timed events where Q is floating around that you can make in 5 minutes, and the Friday 13 mission that you can do in 5 minutes as well. And Utopia Planitia which wasn't even a mission at all. And the Dilithium Mine daily event, which is such a rich experience.
That's so much more! But honestly, I definitely would not count timed events as "new content", or bugfixes or the like.
What else has there been? I've been closely following and other than the Dominion FEs, the new KDF mission and the update to the DOff system, nothing has changed. Also, that's 6 missions in how many months?

We didn't get any of the promised updates to the Foundry or the crafting system, and no new STFs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
04-15-2012, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedArremer View Post
Oh really now? Oh, that's right! The timed events where Q is floating around that you can make in 5 minutes, and the Friday 13 mission that you can do in 5 minutes as well. And Utopia Planitia which wasn't even a mission at all. And the Dilithium Mine daily event, which is such a rich experience.
That's so much more! But honestly, I definitely would not count timed events as "new content", or bugfixes or the like.
What else has there been? I've been closely following and other than the Dominion FEs, the new KDF mission and the update to the DOff system, nothing has changed. Also, that's 6 missions in how many months?

We didn't get any of the promised updates to the Foundry or the crafting system, and no new STFs.
You are right. Other than the things that have been changed or added, nothing was changed or added.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
04-15-2012, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedArremer View Post
Oh really now? Oh, that's right! The timed events where Q is floating around that you can make in 5 minutes, and the Friday 13 mission that you can do in 5 minutes as well. And Utopia Planitia which wasn't even a mission at all. And the Dilithium Mine daily event, which is such a rich experience.
That's so much more! But honestly, I definitely would not count timed events as "new content", or bugfixes or the like.
What else has there been? I've been closely following and other than the Dominion FEs, the new KDF mission and the update to the DOff system, nothing has changed. Also, that's 6 missions in how many months?

We didn't get any of the promised updates to the Foundry or the crafting system, and no new STFs.
I know, and their excuse is: "that's coming in Season 6!" Isn't that the same excuse for Season 5? Nothing added to the foundry, just tiny tiny NPCs. I LOVE the Foundry, but they aren't doing a single thing to update it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
04-15-2012, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo
You are right. Other than the things that have been changed or added, nothing was changed or added.
You said "much more". You call that "much more"? Your expectations of games must be really low.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
04-16-2012, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo
It really bugs me how just plain and simple unfair some people on these forums are towards the devs at Cryptic. And no, I am in no way associated with Cryptic other than enjoying their game, STO.
With respect, a large percentage of the players who play this game have had nearly 800 days of broken promises from both executive producers. Time that you haven't had yet. Even reasonable people get tired of unmet expectations.

I will even submit that may issues regarding content releases were not the fault of the Developers. But we are post F2P, and the time for excuses is long past.

I'd pay good money for a new faction, STFs and missions. Most of the players here want longer missions and many more FE than have been promised.

And just to throw it out there, I never leveled a klingon because I never cared for them in the series. Romulans, I'd do...

Heck even a few mini factions that unlock at VA would be interesting. Why not unlock a Romulan mini faction for players that level a fed and KDF character to level 50? If only 20% have KDF characters there is a great way to inspire people like me to level a KDF.

Cryptic Just give us something with substance and longevity to do!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
04-16-2012, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGalaxy
I think it has turned into Scandal 1, Scandal 2, and Scandal 3. Or, to put it in better terms, Cash Grab! So, there have been 3 cash grabs within the past 5 months. There's probably gonna be a Breen Lock Box soon, and a Romulan Lock Box, and a Lethean Lock Box, and a Hirogen Lock Sphere. They might change the name and the rewards, but it's still a big cash grab.
Well, just remember, we vote with our dollars (or the equivalent economic media), if we don't like it, we wont buy it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
04-16-2012, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph.B
But we are post F2P, and the time for excuses is long past.
^^^^ This. Pretty much that sums it right up.

No more "there's no cups in the kitchen" lines. No more "we're reprioritizing because of Free to Play transition." No more "we're making ground combat revamp." No more excuse after excuse after excuse.

Into the Hive is the poster child for what's wrong with the current system.

It was a new STF. Planned for early summer 2010.

It got pushed back, rescheduled, pushed back. The dev making it left the company. The dev then returned to the company. It's almost 2 years later, and it's just a myth now.

That's pretty much where criticism comes from. Section 31 uniforms got made and put into the game. All those are? Black jumpsuits with a starfleet communicator pin. But new missions? New STFs? Nope. Can't be bothered to make those.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
04-16-2012, 07:47 AM
Yes they are post-f2p.

That means you can moan and cry as much as you want once Season 6 comes out as that is the first batch of content that is truly post-f2p and a representation of what Cryptic is going to give us in the next while.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
04-16-2012, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas45 View Post
Yes they are post-f2p.

That means you can moan and cry as much as you want once Season 6 comes out as that is the first batch of content that is truly post-f2p and a representation of what Cryptic is going to give us in the next while.
When complaints start coming in about lack of content in season 6, the Cryptic Defense Force will take up the crusade that "seasons aren't about content, they're about systems."

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:29 AM.