Lt. Commander
# 1 give us a DELETE ALL button!
04-14-2012, 07:07 PM
Please provide a "check all" and "delete all checked" ability to the INGAME mail system.

The current read and delete one-by -one method is silly - Especially when you get a lot of mails on a regular basis from the exchange.

Thats my biggest wish, but close second to that wish is the awful chat system.

The problem I have with the chat system is this:

Why doesn't the chatbox retain focus after sending a sentence until you click outside of the chatbox?
Why are we made to do things *** first by having to hit return each time we want to type a new sentence?
Do you know how annoying it is to mistakenly open half a dozen windows because you're in a conversation with someone and you forget to hit return BEFORE you type?

Why is it this way? If someone is typing in the chat, and they dont click outside of the chatbox then, as Spock would say - logic would dictate that they intend to carry on chatting.
I would have thought it would be simpler to have it retain focus until you click outside the box?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-15-2012, 02:07 AM
I would already be quite happy if one could have an option to turn the exchange sale messages off. that should be fairly easy to implement, one would think ?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-15-2012, 02:12 PM
I just want to be able to select all the mails at once and delete them all, with the press of one button while ingame.

It truly sucks to have to alt tab out, login to forums and delete them all from there.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-15-2012, 02:18 PM
You can do that right on the web site if needed but yes it would be nice if there was a check all option in game mail box option.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-15-2012, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sticklebrick View Post
I just want to be able to select all the mails at once and delete them all, with the press of one button while ingame.

It truly sucks to have to alt tab out, login to forums and delete them all from there.
dare i venture to say this is not an added ingame option simply due to many people mass deleting emails, then crying they deleted the purple this or that item...

only a matter of time before that happened...if they were to implement this...of which i dont see a forthcoming result.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-15-2012, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananu
I would already be quite happy if one could have an option to turn the exchange sale messages off. that should be fairly easy to implement, one would think ?
It might actually be rather hard, since the emails for returned items come from the same place as the "item sold" emails. So they'd have to separate those somewhere in the system...

But yeah, I would love a "delete checked" option in game, or an elimination of "item sold" emails.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-16-2012, 01:00 AM
I agree with both of you i mean it would be nice add on but most ppl would just not check out each one first and lose alot of unsold items that are returned.But but if they fix that problem the return item sale then the check all option would be a nice option.Ingame.If they just get rid of the return item sale.I would rather Keep the item in there for as long as possible.Or until it sells.I do not really see the need for a time limit on a selling an item in a game.May be in real life but not a game.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-16-2012, 01:12 AM
Delete all button would be nice actually - just don't put the delete button right beside the 'reply' button which I think is the case now.

Is it just me or does anyone find that the forum based private messaging is in itself not fully functional?

If you get a new message from someone you get an immediate notification. However, replies will not be notified and turn up anywhere from 30 to 90 minutes later.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-16-2012, 11:58 AM
@xcom I can tell you categorically that people WILL NOT lose expired sale items.

I had low value items come back to me as expired through the mail system, I DELIBERATELY deleted those mails with the items still in them, because I did not want to reclaim them, being low value items that I had placed in sell slots simply for the sake of not having empty sell slots.

The mails were resent to me

Deleted them again

Mails resent

rinse repeat another few times until i actually got fed up and reclaimed each item, one by one *sigh* just to be rid of the constant spam of mails with items in them being re-sent.

So, it seems they have fixed that issue - if you delete a mail with an item in it, the system resends it.

Unless of course I was getting VIP treatment or something - and that - I doubt very much