Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
04-15-2012, 11:20 AM
Considering the loads of EC I can make, 20 mill isn't that bad, and beside it's not like i have something else to spend it on at this point.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
04-15-2012, 11:23 AM
Ironically the whole basis of Trek is that money and profit no longer matter
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
04-15-2012, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
Ironically the whole basis of Trek is that money and profit no longer matter
... in the federation
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
04-16-2012, 05:06 AM
While I dont agree with exactly what your saying...as the exchange has been nothing more than ferengi lobe rub all the way around since launch.....i understand it...and like you say common sense and all that.

Honestly i just grind dilithium and doff myself to death for the end game gear.....stf edc and all that borg tech. i rarly ever have to use the exchange unless Im selling something and even then its not too terribly over priced...i do put it about few less than the cheapest one there so i can offload it.

I have seen ridiculous prices though, in which case i dont buy anything....I just check back later......
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
04-16-2012, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
Ironically the whole basis of Trek is that money and profit no longer matter
Of course there is. For the most part. There are commodities and tradable items that were canon in Star Trek. In Voyager they used to trade replicator rations which could be considered an analog to energy credits. Jadzia Dax was always hustling the Ferengi for gold pressed latinum
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26 The exchang is really a problem
04-16-2012, 09:02 AM
There seems to be a subset of users that are intent upon destroying the exchange.

Either there are items that are very rare going for 1 - 7 ec! or the complete opposite 100 million ec.

I cannot sell things anymore, unless I sell them for nothing or at such an inflated price people can't afford them to keep up.

Reminds me of Germany during the collapse of '29 where people could buy a loaf of bread for 380 billion Deutschmark....

The root of the problem is that nothing has value anymore in the F2P model.

Even purple gear is now so common MK XII very rare items are completely and utterly worthless if not useless...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
04-16-2012, 09:09 AM
Don't forget also that many people use the exchange as a temporary store, they price it ridiculously high because they know nobody will buy it, and if they do then they made a mint from it. However generally it's supply and demand as others have said.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
04-16-2012, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFR_MACO_Specialist
Don't forget also that many people use the exchange as a temporary store, they price it ridiculously high because they know nobody will buy it, and if they do then they made a mint from it. However generally it's supply and demand as others have said.
Agree with you on all accounts. I believe that the problem is that Cryptic really need to sit down and determine what the formula is going to be for common, uncommon, rare, very rare, and dare I say it, ultra rare and then stick to that.

Before the F2P model was introduced it was enitely normal for me to level a toon and throughout this life cycle possible only receive a single very rare item. When I did, I was absolutely thrilled by it, and knew it would either definitely add to my build or sell for a small fortune.

The solution, as I see it is as follows:

For each of the careers:
  1. Introduce new skills/ abilities
  2. Allow DOFF missions to uniquely customise standard gear, thereby making them more attractive
  3. Introduce some addtional classes
  4. Introduce new weapons + kits + consoles
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
04-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
There seems to be a subset of users that are intent upon destroying the exchange.

Either there are items that are very rare going for 1 - 7 ec! or the complete opposite 100 million ec.

I cannot sell things anymore, unless I sell them for nothing or at such an inflated price people can't afford them to keep up.

Reminds me of Germany during the collapse of '29 where people could buy a loaf of bread for 380 billion Deutschmark....

The root of the problem is that nothing has value anymore in the F2P model.

Even purple gear is now so common MK XII very rare items are completely and utterly worthless if not useless...
That's what happens when theres no money sink... And now... it's too late to properly introduce one.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
04-16-2012, 09:40 AM
So the optimum fix is fixed prices (+or-10% of display value)
and then its all sorted.

As to Voyager and its replicator rations thats to stop Janeway replicating 40 bottles of hair gel
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:00 AM.