Lt. Commander
# 1 Themed Ship Setups
04-15-2012, 12:05 AM
I would just like to straw poll how many people - if any! - "theme" their DOFF holdings to any degree.

Prior to F2P, there were a few themed (all-Gorn, all-Vulcan etc) BOFF / Captain / Ship setups I saw mentioned. When DOFFs hit, I tried to extend this logic to the wider crew; with the net result that my "Gorn" Varanus - the IKS Gharial - has a 95% Gorn DOFF list to compliment its all-Gorn BOFF list. I am sure this has slowed progress but most of the Active roster are Blue at least. The exceptions are especially useful oddities (like the Reman engineer), Saurians (who are at least inoffensive) or the Orion entertainer (for the 'accommodation' of visitors). And it feels like only a matter of time before an irate Gorn security officer takes offence at the Orion's excessive mammalian traits and blasts her out of the airlock...

Anyone else using a similarly themed setup - like an all-Vulcan D'kyr? Or am I just a lone obsessive?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-15-2012, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karatka View Post
I would just like to straw poll how many people - if any! - "theme" their DOFF holdings to any degree.

Prior to F2P, there were a few themed (all-Gorn, all-Vulcan etc) BOFF / Captain / Ship setups I saw mentioned. When DOFFs hit, I tried to extend this logic to the wider crew; with the net result that my "Gorn" Varanus - the IKS Gharial - has a 95% Gorn DOFF list to compliment its all-Gorn BOFF list. I am sure this has slowed progress but most of the Active roster are Blue at least. The exceptions are especially useful oddities (like the Reman engineer), Saurians (who are at least inoffensive) or the Orion entertainer (for the 'accommodation' of visitors). And it feels like only a matter of time before an irate Gorn security officer takes offence at the Orion's excessive mammalian traits and blasts her out of the airlock...

Anyone else using a similarly themed setup - like an all-Vulcan D'kyr? Or am I just a lone obsessive?
I'm trying for a majority of Andorian Doffs and Boffs with my Andorian Engineer, though it's more a case of when I have common Doffs to exchange, I will exchange them for a uncommon Andorian, etc.

I'm only just getting in to Star Trek lore though... any particular ship I should be aiming to captain as an Andorian?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-15-2012, 10:38 AM
i'm currently working on an all Cardassian, an all Orion and an all Gorn crew myself.

that will take some time, and i'm not sure how i will handle the unique *rares+very rares* yet.

all Gorn + Orion crew seems easy now with the NPC's at the KDF Academy.

Cardassian... well i got 5 Chars and if i send all my Cardies to my Galor Char from the Officer Exchanges and keep grinding those... should take some time but possible.

I also would really like an all Jem'Hadar + 1 Vorta Crew on my Jem Hadar Ship...
but i have no idea yet how to accomplish that. not with 100 and sure as hell not with 400 Slots
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-15-2012, 01:02 PM
I've done: Andorian, Tellarite, Gorn, Orion, Nausicaan Boff+Doff crews, and am starting on a Dosi crew, which will obviously be a lot harder. I started on a Cardassian one as well at one point, but largely abandoned it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
I've done: Andorian, Tellarite, Gorn, Orion, Nausicaan Boff+Doff crews, and am starting on a Dosi crew, which will obviously be a lot harder. I started on a Cardassian one as well at one point, but largely abandoned it.
I have a few Cardassian Boffs on my Orion, but i stopped because they look odd without the proper necks.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-15-2012, 01:24 PM
I was going to try and continue my boff theme of all hot lesbians, but there are just too many special doffs I'd have to forgo, so I gave up. If you have a pile of EC, however, it would be doable.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-15-2012, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karatka View Post

You are not alone I have done an all Andorian, Human, Klingon, Vulcan doffs included. I really cannot wait untill an Andorian ship comes out, but I will hate cryptic forever if they make it a lock box ship although it belongs to the Imperial Guard which is part of the UFP.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-15-2012, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCorrino
I was going to try and continue my boff theme of all hot lesbians, but there are just too many special doffs I'd have to forgo, so I gave up.
So are you saying that Cryptic needs to add more special, hot lesbian Doffs?

That's how I read it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-16-2012, 02:57 PM
On my fed captain, not so much (tho there are species I tend to avoid or use for trade ins...can't trust those ferengi).

On the KDF side, I have a theme of renegade orion females - those that fled the syndicate in a desire not to be your typical seductive slave girl appearing types, but warriors. My main annoyance is all the unique doffs floating around that interfer with any attempt to make a themed ship. Its less bad on the boff side (except everyone wanting efficient leathean BOs), but too many of the doff uniques are too useful not to use. Also the issue with needing resolve doffs unless you want to really cripple your cxp progression.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joiry View Post
On the KDF side, I have a theme of renegade orion females - those that fled the syndicate in a desire not to be your typical seductive slave girl appearing types, but warriors. My main annoyance is all the unique doffs floating around that interfer with any attempt to make a themed ship. Its less bad on the boff side (except everyone wanting efficient leathean BOs), but too many of the doff uniques are too useful not to use. Also the issue with needing resolve doffs unless you want to really cripple your cxp progression.
Note that, at least, now you can get common species such as Orions and Vulcans with Resolve.