Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
I had a long lasting round yesterday, and after failing optional, I noticed that I'm the only one healing the Kang. With my sole Hazard Emitters on my BoP, when the four others were cruisers.

So I thought I brag... umm, give a friendly advice to them to heal it. And I got more comprehensive answers along the lines of 'Really?' 'Can I?' 'How?'

And than it hit me. People consider extend shields to be the only 'heal other' skill, simply 'cause noone told them that they can target the rest. Hell, I was winning more than not in PvP at the point when I realized that. Ok, I have the excuse of flying a BoP.

So from now on, I'll have a one liner 'how to heal hint' bound to a key. Let's see if my Cure pug statistics improve. It might even bring some challenge for FvK pugs on the long run. Spread the word!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-15-2012, 03:38 AM
You might also keep in mind that the Kang will not manage its own shields, so anyone who can throw it a Tactical Team would be doing the team a favor.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-15-2012, 03:51 AM
Ooops, I knew I had to make this thread. That didn't occur to me. Wonder if I can just 'shoot' Kang with TTs bound to the 'fire' key. Will definitely see.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-15-2012, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daidarabotchi
Ooops, I knew I had to make this thread. That didn't occur to me. Wonder if I can just 'shoot' Kang with TTs bound to the 'fire' key. Will definitely see.
It's not fool proof, and not as effective as heals, but helps when you're in an tactical-heavy PUG.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-15-2012, 05:15 AM
Along with the tact team and extend shields, players can also use sci team and if they have the worker bee console on the Oddy they can send those help keep the Kang healed up. Can be a bit tough in PUGs since they tend to attack all sides at once but most of the time it's doable.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-15-2012, 07:36 AM
a good advice here.

the worst i ever had in a pug is that people telling others if there healing the khang the optional will fail.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-15-2012, 10:58 AM
I found this works very well:

1 pops Eng team (preferably a cruiser with Team 2 or 3)
1 Pops Tac team a sec later.
1 Pops hazard emitters (to cleanse hull from plasma and heal up any remains).
1 Pops extend shields.

If done in proper sequence, It will fully heal the Kang, if you havn't made it below the optional..
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-15-2012, 11:45 AM
Healing the kang... when things go bad, is my work
The work bee from Ody are fine to do this.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-15-2012, 12:38 PM
Personally anytime i find my self close to the Kang after it's ben hiti'll unload any and all heals that i have. Although i'd never though to use the tac team on it. This is somegood solid advice though that i've also noticed a lot of PUG cruisers are completely missing.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-18-2012, 05:11 PM
eh ive poped engineering team II on Kang at 88% ...it remained 88% afterwards so i stopped trying