Lt. Commander
# 1 To Cryptic with love
04-15-2012, 11:01 AM
From the bottom of my heart Cryptic, I beg you all take a leave of absence.

Take 2 weeks off for the whole team (not like we would notice anyway)
Get out of the studio, dont log into the forums dont even think about the game.
Go to disney land, take that special someone or family somewhere and relax.

Come back in 2 weeks go company shopping for new coffee mugs and sit down and realize what you all have been doing to a game that has such massive potential.
Assign each team member a forum to fully read and take notes on, get a nice big powwow going and talk things through. Its obvious the team is burned out. The constant mistakes/bugs the nerfing of science and the current mode of "content" is hurting the game and community.
And when all is said and done get some real face time with your community. In a universe that focuses on so much diplomacy a little right now wouldnt hurt.

And if you are considerring not too...well I do have eyes across the street just fyi...its a little company with 3 little letters and stuff..cant miss it

So go relax unwind and get back to us and the quality that we know you "can do" not what you "are doing".
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-15-2012, 10:27 PM
And oh the FLAMES that will come when the server inevitably crashes on their two-week holiday...

It's an unfortunate fact that the majority of the devs probably have two or three weeks over an ENTIRE year for vacation. They aren't going to burn it, as a company, in one go. Now, if we arranged with their bosses to 'buy' their time, and send them off as a player base, that MIGHT just work.

Maybe.

Possibly.

But probably not.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-15-2012, 10:49 PM
As much as i agree with you in most cases, i cant help but compare the last 4 months of ingame "content" with the previous YEAR before. Its a sharp increase in things to look at, play, do etc. sure i hate lock boxes, yes i am worried sbout Pee-Dubya-Eeeh just burning all potential out of STO and bleeding it dry of money before moving to another game as i've been told is their business strat in the past. But i'd take the current progress over the features they were making for a totally different game and shoehorning into STO to save from bleeding players.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-16-2012, 02:16 AM
I no that u mean good but if they was to take one or two weeks off
It would be a very bad thing the game would go to bits. And I know every one complains about all of crap they
do including me. But they have there work cut out right now keeping the game going.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-16-2012, 04:37 AM
a new perspective is needed!!

ps - this game somehow.. mutated into a doff minigame, i would almost ask for an browser version of Doff assignments
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-16-2012, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths View Post
a new perspective is needed!!

ps - this game somehow.. mutated into a doff minigame, i would almost ask for an browser version of Doff assignments
I hope I got this right glade to see some one elss think of it to as a mini game
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-16-2012, 05:25 AM
They've posted a couple of times now that they're seriously considering the ability to do a mobile and/or browser version of the DOFF system.

Completing the transition.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-16-2012, 05:34 AM
I would give Cryptic a whole month without asking for any new content, support or forum entries. Just to fix ship models and mission bugs.

Currently it feels like Cryptic is building the top floor of a house not realizing that the foundations have started to crumble.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-16-2012, 07:13 AM
its this simple folks, just one month WITHOUT new content with the team taking a good long look at the game, perhaps playing the game from Lv.1 with the new content in place and seeing first hand the issues as we do with the LockBox spam, the in game glitches and the other misc. issues and taking notes.

as this time 1-50 takes a casual player roughly 7-11 days (without STF's and replay gear up time past Mk. XI etc.) and seeing the player base in action in PVP and PVE environments while interacting at a anonymous player level then take that "new" perspective back and fix the foundations of the game over the three or so weeks of that downtime month BEFORE implementing season 6 content.

as always this is merely a suggestion but it would be interesting to see how this would play out.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-16-2012, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
They've posted a couple of times now that they're seriously considering the ability to do a mobile and/or browser version of the DOFF system.

Completing the transition.
great! that way i will be RICH!!!!

oh! i play star trek.. so i will also have the possibility to kick some federation asses in the evening