Lt. Commander
# 11
04-15-2012, 08:14 PM
I'm sure Hertic will come up with some goodies in the future there is plenty of fertile ground in the lore...

Master Leonardo, Hirogen simulations, Doctor Chaotica, Minuet... a bald Dixon Hill. lol

James Moriarty... should have gotten his own featured weekly when the last homes movie was in theaters.... all well could still be a fantastic weekly anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-15-2012, 08:17 PM
really excellent work with the holonovel stuff, such a wonderfully clever idea
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-15-2012, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelflag View Post
Would you be able to confirm or deny if Professor Moriarty was available as a DOFF candidate from the holo novel assignments?
A Professor James Moriarty DOFF, holo or no, might make my BOFFs Chief Medical Officer James Hamish Watson and Mary Agnes Morstan-Watson just a touch edgy. Yet, I would love to send the fella off to a virtual Reichenbach Nebula for sure!
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-15-2012, 09:29 PM
Leah Brahms Photonic Officer would be interesting!
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-15-2012, 10:33 PM
How about Holos of Robinson Crusoe, Charlie Chaplain (Now THERES and entertainer!), Michaelangelo...

Moses, the tractor beam officer, gives a resist to hold effects: LET MY PEOPLE GO!
Marie Antoinette, Chef with one recipe: Let them eat cake!
Richard Nixon, Trader with Cunning, Unscrupulous, and Unruly: I am not a crook!

Benjamin Franklin, Francis Drake...

I would pay, oh good Lord would I pay, to be able to have a doff roster filled with nothing but presidents, characters, and historical figures! ESPECIALLY when they inevitably roll out visualizations of your doffs on interiors!
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-16-2012, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Moses, the tractor beam officer, gives a resist to hold effects: LET MY PEOPLE GO!
This is just brilliant.

Re: Moriarty
There's a lot of cool things they could do with this concept, but I'm sad to say Moriarty probably isn't one of them. The character is still under copyright until 2020-something, and the owners demand entirely too much for the license for what Cryptic's likely to make off it (Paramount had to license the character as well, those things are usually nontransferable so it's outside the Trek license). There's a good argument as to why their claim should be invalid, but it lies in a nebulous and untested area of copyright law.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-16-2012, 09:15 AM
So what you are saying is that if i get them all... they will take over my Ship?

mmmmh... ok no Holograms on my Ships... off the ecBay with them.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-16-2012, 11:24 PM
I just got Claudius :p

Fantastic idea, making DOFF's from a specific REAL novel!

*applause*