Lt. Commander
Hi Cryptic,

Is it not possible to extend the Duty Officer Counsellor Assignments to negate the Aggressive, Unruly & Stubborn abilities. A storyline could be wound into this where a crew member has fell foul of their Commanding Officer because they negatively used this kind of ability.

These abilities could perhaps be swapped for another with Counsellor visits or perhaps there could be varying levels of these Aggressive, Unruly & Stubborn abilities. In other words a person could learn to control them just as we do in real life. This would then have a positive effect on future assignments.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-16-2012, 01:18 PM
I would love to be able to do this, but modifying instances of duty officers is something the database can't handle, according to Software.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-16-2012, 03:14 PM
heretic, while I understand that you can't modify a DOFF's traits, could you not do a reward replacement by "killing" the assigned patient and replacing it with a "counseled" version as part of the reward of the assignment, perhaps on critical success?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videm
heretic, while I understand that you can't modify a DOFF's traits, could you not do a reward replacement by "killing" the assigned patient and replacing it with a "counseled" version as part of the reward of the assignment, perhaps on critical success?
It's been discussed as a hacky workaround, but considering that this would require generating and tracking the number of duty officers by a considerable multiplier, the assessment was that it wasn't practical. Now, if we could find better technical methods for doing this, I certainly have no design objection to the idea.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-17-2012, 07:34 AM
I could see a "Perform illegal medical experiments upon patient" with a colonist/refugee/prisoner as a target.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-17-2012, 11:48 AM
How about a Counselor being able to be assigned as "therapy" to a given DOFF.... you know, those Morning/day/evening sessions. On success, give the player a buff for a few hours in that DOFF's name. If that DOFF is assigned to a mission where any of their traits are a negative, ignore the negative.

"Treated - Caitlyn O'Leery"

a critical could be for a longer duration.