Lt. Commander
Since the Ferengi update I've run 21 STF's (yes I've counted) and I have gotten a blue item, a mystery box, and 2 EDC's every single time. I just ran 2 Elite STF's with my friend who was playing Fed and he got a Prototype salvage each run. This is getting silly, my other Klingon friends are reporting the same thing. What gives?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-16-2012, 01:00 AM
Luck, that's it. It has nothing to do with your faction, or being before or after the update, you and your friend have just run into a string of bad luck and your Fed friend has just been lucky. It's not a bug. Matter of fact, I play Fed and in the various STFs I've run today I've gotten various drops ranging from salvage, rare tech, and various random ship items. RNG is a fickle mistress.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-16-2012, 01:38 AM
Its Luck + RNG. look at it this way i have yet to get the following:
  • Maco Engine Mk XII (fed)
  • Omega Engine Mk XII (fed)
  • Maco Deflector Mk XII (fed)
  • Omega Deflector Mk XII (fed)
  • Omega Sheild (Kdf)

I have personnaly done 5100 total stfs accross my fed and klink and have completed both omega, maco and khg sets on ground aswell as the khg space set yesterday. 21 runs is not that many in comparison, but Gozer is implementing a slight increase again to the tech drop rate and we'll see how much it improves by.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-16-2012, 08:39 AM
i would agree with this because I have been running my KDF alt before last patch got aton of prototype
salvage then last patch ran like 15 elite only 1 prototype salvage
there is so much stuff broken on KDF side it is becoming a bad joke
new mining event to not paying dilithium in breen daily missions
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-16-2012, 08:46 AM
I agree with it is luck I ran infected ground normal got first rare PSG
then later ran KA space elite finaly got my mark 12 maco deflector

the issue is there is so many players farming STF's for the new 12 gear it has water downed the amount of drops
one to help this is run less let machine recover to make more

why I am running less now getting better return
I am going to begin running just infected ground elite trying to get 12 maco PSG